self sealing tires have been around a long time. If I remember right , Uniroyal had Royal Seal in the 70's. Goodyear I think had them in the 80's. GM offered them as a option in the 90's on minvans, ford had them too.

Don't the Humvee's that are operating in the military run on self sealing tires?

H1 Hummers have a big doughnut insert that goes inside the tire. This is how they are considered “run flats”. They are hell to get in and out but do work.
This stuff has long been pulled off mine as the truck also has the onboard air compressor and lines to the tires. So a substantial leak is not a problem. You can deflate and inflate on the fly. 👍
You can see the airline coming out through the hub and running over to the tire in the photo. There is a regular valve stem valve and cap on there well to air up from a remote air supply if needed. The connection to the hub in the center is on a quick connect fitting as well and pops right off of you have a system leak and begin losing air in the tire. It’s a pretty amazing set up. Very robust but simple.
0454B7BC-6667-481D-B31A-41473CF06535.jpeg

And yes.... that’s a Chuck Norris bobblehead on the dash. 😂😂😂

H1 Hummers have a big doughnut insert that goes inside the tire. This is how they are considered “run flats”. They are hell to get in and out but do work.
This stuff has long been pulled off mine as the truck also has the onboard air compressor and lines to the tires. So a substantial leak is not a problem. You can deflate and inflate on the fly. 👍
You can see the airline coming out through the hub and running over to the tire in the photo. There is a regular valve stem valve and cap on there well to air up from a remote air supply if needed. The connection to the hub in the center is on a quick connect fitting as well and pops right off of you have a system leak and begin losing air in the tire. It’s a pretty amazing set up. Very robust but simple.
View attachment 24756
And yes.... that’s a Chuck Norris bobblehead on the dash. 😂😂😂

Is that your H1?. Love the light bar and the bobble head. Kinda makes me want to watch Lone Wolf Mcquade :Biggrin:

Reactions: ddgermann
Is that your H1?. Love the light bar and the bobble head. Kinda makes me want to watch Lone Wolf Mcquade :Biggrin:

Ya that my other primary conveyance. 😂

I have 2 of the most impractical vehicles made. But arguably 2 of the funest.
The H1 is actually really fun to drive and gets around the city quite well. I did a major restoration on it with engine work and a full LED change over a few years ago and Chuck Norris was one of the final additions. 😃

Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse... bring it on. 😂

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread