Nov 19, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Not sure its possible for anyone to order today and receive a 2020 model year (that probably ended long ago).

I have an order down for the 2021 model year and I am sure many others do as well. My main concern is with the MSRP hike the 2021 model year is expected to receive. I'm not loaded with cash at all so a price hike can be the difference between me going for 1LT vs. 2LT...possibly the C8 all-together :mad:.

Anyways, thought i'd post here asking others how much they expect the price to increase by for the 2021 model year (% or $ amount...take your guess!).

Break it down by 1LT and 2LT if you think it'll be different.

Thoughts on '21 pricing?
gotta pay to play :thumbs:
bc.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
I don't think anyone knows for sure. If I had to take a wild guess I would say 10K tops for a loaded Z51 LT3 version. My order is already at $110,000.00 without taxes and what ever else they can sneak in.

tl;dr: Historical data on Corvette MSRP's does not lead to any form of prediction on the price increase for the 2021 Corvette.

I like to look at historical data when trying to predict the future.

Take a look at this:

Screenshot (102).png

This is for the base model, non-Z51, no added equipment.

Interesting things to note: The C7 increased substantially from 2014 to 2015. However, the price actually dropped dramatically from the C6 when it was orignially released.

Comparatively, the price increased quite a bit from the C7 to C8.

Also, check out the difference in price increase from the 1LT and 2LT for the 2020 C8. The increase is more than twice as much!

If I were to take this data and use it to predict the MSRP of the 2021 Corvette, I'd say I'm just as lost and confused as before I gathered the data.

tl;dr: Historical data on Corvette MSRP's does not lead to any form of prediction on the price increase for the 2021 Corvette.

I like to look at historical data when trying to predict the future.

Take a look at this:

View attachment 34634

This is for the base model, non-Z51, no added equipment.

Interesting things to note: The C7 increased substantially from 2014 to 2015. However, the price actually dropped dramatically from the C6 when it was orignially released.

Comparatively, the price increased quite a bit from the C7 to C8.

Also, check out the difference in price increase from the 1LT and 2LT for the 2020 C8. The increase is more than twice as much!

If I were to take this data and use it to predict the MSRP of the 2021 Corvette, I'd say I'm just as lost and confused as before I gathered the data.
Oh, I don't know about that. Looking at the C6 to C7 data, I see a possible trend there.

Price drop from C6 to C7, highly probable that was a strategy to move the new model out the door. Just like some of the current reporting on the C8, take a bit of a loss to promote sales (and "buzz") of the new model.

Then, year two: 14% increase. Once the first year "buzz" was created and they had created the "desireability" of the model, they jack the price for model year two, bringing it more in line with cost/profit and maybe have a chance at recouping the first year losses.

If you see that as a pattern, then it seems logical that there would be an increase of somewhere between a 10-20% for MY 2021. That seems a realistic estimate based on your data.

Or, it could have nothing to do with anything at all.

And we're right back to "pure guess"......;)

Considering we can damn near count the hours since anyone actually knew the complete build pricing for the 2020, I'm looking forward to a year of speculation, and of course the actual increases from someone who's sister-in-law's hair dresser's brother's neighbour who has a friend that knows a guy at GM knows for sure.
:rofl: :Lurk5:

• Haha
Reactions: EJChevy and kerry4
The reason for the big increase on the 2020 2lt over the 1lt is the fact that the data recorder and auto tx is now standard on a 2lt.

These 2 items used to add about $4000 to the price on a 1lt or 2lt.

The auto was still $2000 extra on the 3lt.

As far as a 2021 price increase,,,,My wild guess is 2 increases over the year of $5000 both times for a total of $10,000.

Reactions: kerry4
So here's a question. A dealership gets an allotment of so many cars right? Doesn't that mean that GM has to supply those cars at said price? I wouldn't think GM would give out more allotments than they can supply. That would be poor business practice. My dealership just put my order in and pretty much now its just the waiting game and to make sure there are no constraints which they aren't anticipating at this point. I still don't expect it much before August at the earliest.

A dealership gets an allotment of so many cars right?
:canada: Dealers were notified of their "estimated" number of 1st half allocations within a week of the Aug reveal
Some dealers now have waiting lists extending into '22 model year.
Allocation system ends when demand falls in USA. For C7 that happened in the 2nd half of '16 when employee pricing kicked in.

Last edited:
So here's a question. A dealership gets an allotment of so many cars right? Doesn't that mean that GM has to supply those cars at said price? I wouldn't think GM would give out more allotments than they can supply. That would be poor business practice. My dealership just put my order in and pretty much now its just the waiting game and to make sure there are no constraints which they aren't anticipating at this point. I still don't expect it much before August at the earliest.

Unfortunately GM did not release first allocation numbers to dealers until late in the process, and they were only some unknown portion of the total allotments a dealer might receive. Dealers purchase vehicles from GM and can choose to sell them at any price they like. MSRP is, after all, manufacturers suggested retail... Some dealers, perhaps unscrupulously, took extremely large numbers of deposits on the C8, perhaps thinking they may get large allotments, but more likely, in my opinion, getting buyers on the hook for year two. Unfortunately this gave many customers the sense that they were on the list for a 2020 C8, and could stop looking. There were rumours of some dealers, having not a clue from GM of how many C8's they would get, taking huge numbers of deposits. To my knowledge, no one knows yet how many total C8's will be allotted to Canada but taking the C7 debut year for comparison, only 3.2% of the 2014 C7's (1,193) were allotted to Canada. Given that GM is pushing the C8 very hard for European and other overseas markets, it's still only a guess how many we will see. It is unfortunate for those customers who wanted a 2020 and felt they were on a list to get one, as many dealers actually did have open allotments. A manager at the dealer that I purchased my C7 from is a friend and we talk often. Two weeks ago he still had 3 allocations not spoken for. There may still be dealers out there either with an opening or perhaps will receive more allocations that are not spoken for. Thanks to GM, it's anybody's guess...

I put my deposit down on jan 5th 2019. As I watched this amazing car in camo I already new o had to get one 5k down almost 1 year later dec 19th 2019 I was called in to place my order and build torch red, LT2, adrenaline red, gt2 seats, red seatbelts, red engine cover, high wing, performance exhaust, and a few more small things 86k + tax+ financing =105k late March to late April delivery expected. We should know the exact date soon.

Probably getting back across the border would be a headache. To much paperwork involved too.
Problem is that if you take delivery at the NCM, you’re buying a car in the states. You would then have to go through all the importing processes. Major PITA and it can get expensive.

About your only option is to buy it and drive to the NCM as a ”visit”, or maybe buy it and have the dealer ship it to the NCM.

better to just go to your dealer, pay your money and sign the papers. Let GM deal with all that “importing” BS....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.