May 12, 2021
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 HTC 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi guys, looking for advice.
While driving home on the QEW, some debris from on-coming traffic flew my way and hit my front hood.
Pics of damage below. I'm sure PPF helped, but gash is still about 3mm deep :(
A bit of a stretch, but wondering if there is a claim here under XPEL PPF warranty?
Otherwise, I believe this would be a Comprehensive claim under my Auto Insurance (deductible $500) that shouldn't affect my insurance premium going forward?
I'm not sure what the fender is made out of (fiberglass?) but I assume it can be patched and painted?
Appreciate any advice, including a good body shop in the west end of GTA (Mississauga/Oakville/Burlington)

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

No PPF warranty will apply to that. It looks like you were hit by a large stone/object and no thickness of PPF would withstand that. As for your insurance claim, you'll have to call and find out. I've never heard of an insurance policy covering that type of damage, but then again, I've never made such a claim. Sorry to see this but as Murray20c8 says, you'll soon have it fixed and it'll be forgotten after that.

Even if your insurance policy would cover it...if you can't provide them with the vehicle information that threw up the stone, they will likely mark it as a claim against your driving record. After the deductible it wouldn't be worth it. I've dealt with an indie body shop for 20+ years in the east end that charges about half the normal rates, and someone like that could probably paint the front bumper for not much more than your $500 deductible.

I scraped the bottom rocker panel on my C7 not long after I got it, and they did it for $400.

Reactions: Gilles27
if you tell your ins co it flew up as opposed to ran over it which seems to apply here based on the damage area then ins does not hold it against you as a comp claim
went through it 2 years ago with the explorer
they asked for the object and I told them long weekend traffic I was not going to stop and look for it in the ditch

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Don’t know if Ont policies are different but in AB that is a comprehensive claim - damage is obvious and flying debris should be covered. My policy would replace the part - i know from experience. My chip-seal gravel corvette paint damage was completely refinished (including an OEM windshield) in my first year (over $10k). I got to choose the best place YYC has to offer (it is YYC’s high end exotic repair shop) and I now have a “better than factory” panel off refinish. It took over 10 weeks and I have photos of the complete process. Contact your insurance … a good policy will replace the nose OEM and definitely not done by any dealership. Hope this would be true in Ont. Comprehensive claims and hit & run has never affected my premiums - unless I try to change my provider - but I do not need to with full coverage at under $750 per year.
Hope your resolve is to your satisfaction. 🙏🏻

a clipped photo to show this was no BS
AAED3F95-FB8C-4BA9-A185-9B962D855770.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread