Regular
Apr 9, 2018
Awards
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
  • You're a Regular
Hey guys. Was at the dyno the other day and my fob battery died. I thought I was hooped. Until i started doing some research and it’s possible to run and drive your car without an active battery even in your fob. Hell you don’t even need a battery. But in your passenger side glove compartment there’s a little spot to “hook” your fob into. Giving the car power. Just passing this on as new vette owners like myself aren’t aware of this. It definitly saved my day!!

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're a Donor
  • You're 5
  • C7
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • Show Off
Hey guys. Was at the dyno the other day and my fob battery died. I thought I was hooped. Until i started doing some research and it’s possible to run and drive your car without an active battery even in your fob. Hell you don’t even need a battery. But in your passenger side glove compartment there’s a little spot to “hook” your fob into. Giving the car power. Just passing this on as new vette owners like myself aren’t aware of this. It definitly saved my day!!
lol.... I wouldn't really call it a secret fob slot. They do discuss it in the owners manual. :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: BDK and ddgermann

Creedence85

Regular
Jul 12, 2018
Awards
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province / State
British Columbia
  • BC
  • C6
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
lol.... I wouldn't really call it a secret fob slot. They do discuss it in the owners manual. :angelic:
Indeed, and the fact that basically all cars with keyless RFID fobs have a similar slot or place in which you place the fob, so it's not as though it's an easter egg.

This was funnier in the 90s when I was in high school and it was still illegal, but it reminded me of it nonetheless. :)

mark sennuck

Regular
Feb 15, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2020 c8 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • C6
  • C3
  • C4
  • You're a Regular
Please do not tell me that a fob like all the rest when they die my C8 is dead in the water. My salesperson better have his boxing gloves on if that occurs. LOL

mark sennuck

Regular
Feb 15, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2020 c8 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • C6
  • C3
  • C4
  • You're a Regular
Thanks Bro

mark sennuck

Regular
Feb 15, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2020 c8 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • C6
  • C3
  • C4
  • You're a Regular
Who reads the owners manual for the 1st week l will only be driving the hell out of mine like a kid at Christmas with his 1st BB gun

Reactions: OL Yeller

mark sennuck

Regular
Feb 15, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2020 c8 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • C6
  • C3
  • C4
  • You're a Regular
My Factory 5 Cobra is bare bones scary fast hold on to youre (you know whats) and turn the key hit the button and go.L guess l will have a major learning curve on the C8 computer. That is maybe the reason l got the 1LT as not to be bogged down with too many gadjets as there is enough of them already on the road driving.

ontcanuck

Casual User
Jan 12, 2012
Awards
Woodstock,Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Grand Sport cvt
  • You're 5
Most modern cars have a FOB slot. Another about FOBs most use the same battery , my Harley, Camry & Pilot all use the same one.

Creedence85

Regular
Jul 12, 2018
Awards
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province / State
British Columbia
  • BC
  • C6
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
Most modern cars have a FOB slot. Another about FOBs most use the same battery , my Harley, Camry & Pilot all use the same one.
The C6 uses a CR2032 and they are one of the most common fob/remote batteries as well as the CMOS battery on computer motherboards.

2010 corvette

Casual User
Nov 24, 2018
Awards
PEI
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Corvette
Province / State
PEI
  • PEI
  • C6
It’s in your Manuel

Area Z51

Regular
Nov 12, 2009
Awards
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • 10 Years
  • C6
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
Although it is not a secret, I had to use it at the golf course the other day to start my car, after using the key to get into the car.
My FOB battery was dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)