Oct 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C8
Province
ON
I am looking to paint my engine cover this winter. I went to NAPA to get the paint code put into aerosol. Apparently because it's a tincoat they cannot mix it. Anyone on here know where I can get it? All websites I could find are American and cannot ship aerosols across the border.

I am looking to paint my engine cover this winter. I went to NAPA to get the paint code put into aerosol. Apparently because it's a tincoat they cannot mix it. Anyone on here know where I can get it? All websites I could find are American and cannot ship aerosols across the border.

Found on amazon.ca: is this it?

ScratchesHappen Exact-Match Touch Up Paint Kit Compatible with Chevrolet Sebring Orange Tintcoat Tricoat (WA418C/G26) - Aerosol, Paint Only​

Brand: ScratchesHappen

I'm not able to post a direct link but you'll find it with the above description. It's shipped from Canada.

I ordered colour match spray paint from Roberts paint care for my truck, I was happy with the product. I looked up there website and see that they have upto 2020 colour choices . They delivered to BC in what I thought was a decent time so thinking Ontario will be fairly fast

At those prices, you would be far better off picking yourself up an airbrush kit (assuming you already have a compressor & tank) and mixing up your own lacquer or enamel. Personally, I wouldn`t paint anyhing that goes on the engine because of flammability.

I take my engine covers off for everyday use as they just accumlate dirt beneath. My recommendation would be to laundry dye the covers in boiling water if uncoloured ones were avaiable.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.