mbp

Casual User
Jun 22, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
corvette 1969
Province
ON
Hello. I wondered if anyone knew of a shop in Canada that will restore/refurbish a set of 69 seatbelts? Would like to get new webbing and retractors replaced and rebuilt. All locations seem to be in the U.S. and would like to try to avoid because of shipping costs, duty and exchange rate. If not, any recommendations for new 1969 specific belts from a company that they were pleased with and would recommend? Thanks and take care.

Hello. I wondered if anyone knew of a shop in Canada that will restore/refurbish a set of 69 seatbelts? Would like to get new webbing and retractors replaced and rebuilt. All locations seem to be in the U.S. and would like to try to avoid because of shipping costs, duty and exchange rate. If not, any recommendations for new 1969 specific belts from a company that they were pleased with and would recommend? Thanks and take care.
I looked at having my seatbelts re-webbed and refurbished about 6 years ago. However, I struggled to find a place that would do it. I think due to the liability issues you may have a hard time finding someone to do it.

In the end I decided to just get new seat belts as the new ones are 7-9 web making them far stronger than the 3 web original belts. In addition they also have thicker mounting plates.

I looked at having my seatbelts re-webbed and refurbished about 6 years ago. However, I struggled to find a place that would do it. I think due to the liability issues you may have a hard time finding someone to do it.
Where did you buy yours from @ Jr. Corvette?

I got mine through Corvette Depot. I got the economy belts instead of the premium. The economy are $300 cheaper and have stronger 7 weave instead of the 3 weave. The only downside is they aren't switchable retractors so there is no automatic lock.
Could you share pictures of them once your car is back. I am debating sending my date coded 70 belts to Seatbelt City or Snakeoil in the US for rebuilding. Exact match as original, same webbing.

Could you share pictures of them once your car is back. I am debating sending my date coded 70 belts to Seatbelt City or Snakeoil in the US for rebuilding. Exact match as original, same webbing.
Will do!

I have a couple photos here from back in 2017 when I first got the seat belts. I will upload some better photos once I get my car back.

In addition to my post above, the shoulder belts do not have automatic locks and are not switchable but the lower lap belt is an automatic lock just like factory.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.JPG
    IMG_6164.JPG
    671.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6163.JPG
    IMG_6163.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 27
I sent my '78 retractor belts to an outfit in Florida a few years ago, who's name escapes me right now. Don't think it was Snakeoyl. Ill see if I can find it. MAY have been SeatbeltSolutions.

Swapped the red belts for grey, worked and looked like new.

If 78 shoulder retractors will work in your car, I have one (possibly two, I forget) that I'd sell. No belting on it, but it works and is complete. Have latches as well.

Hit me up if your interested.

EDIT: yep it was S. Solutions w ww.seatbeltsolutions.com

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.