Jan 1, 2014
Calgary AB
VetteCoins
Car
77 Corvette L82
Province
AB
Hey guys!

So this may seem like a weird question but I've decided to buy a new pair of seatbelts and I need some opinions on colors.

I've got a bit of a two tone going on in my interior however the majority of it is red other than the carpet, storage compartment, and black door trim with the delux panels. I'm thinking of going with black seatbelts and here are my reasons;

-Don't stain
-Don't fade
-New red seat belts I think would be so bright red that they would look weird with my darker red interior
-They should blend in with the black carpet and add a nice touch

So what do you guys think factory red or black? I really need to figure this out before I order them this Friday or on Boxing day.

Also wouldn't mind some opinions on matching up the steering wheel or something cool I could do with it. I bought it brand new a couple years ago and it never really matched.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5221.JPG
    IMG_5221.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5223.JPG
    IMG_5223.JPG
    556.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5216.JPG
    IMG_5216.JPG
    610.7 KB · Views: 35
I think black would look fine. You already have the black theme going. Pretty common to have off color belts in vehicles now a days too. Usually dark grey though. I am partial to the red and black look. My favorite color is red but only when black is there too.

T

Belts should go with the color of the carpet. Example : my 67 Impala SS396 convertible had a parchment ( white ) interior with black carpet on floors and bottom of the doors. The seat belts were black. Either color red or black would match on your car but my choice would be black.

Belts should go with the color of the carpet. Example : my 67 Impala SS396 convertible had a parchment ( white ) interior with black carpet on floors and bottom of the doors. The seat belts were black. Either color red or black would match on your car but my choice would be black.

Ok cool thanks!!! That makes it really easy to figure out with that rule.

Thanks guys for the opinions. I really appreciate it!

Once I get the belts I'll post a picture on here.

Now anyopinions on the steering wheel? Is it fine or should it be rewrapped? I was thinking of doing a two tone with matching red on the top and bottom and a really smooth black at 3 & 9 but I was thinking it might look ricey if I did that. Maybe just all red?

Leave the wheel as is. It looks nice shape yet, and not often you see them not buggered up. 2 tone will look like you went to JC Whitney and bolted one on. It shows class with the wheel as is my opinion. I'm a hotrodder , but the Corvette interior was done pretty nice from factory and it just doesn't look right with C-Tire add ons if you catch my meaning. But it is your car, do what you feel is cool and is what you like.

Leave the wheel as is. It looks nice shape yet, and not often you see them not buggered up. 2 tone will look like you went to JC Whitney and bolted one on. It shows class with the wheel as is my opinion. I'm a hotrodder , but the Corvette interior was done pretty nice from factory and it just doesn't look right with C-Tire add ons if you catch my meaning. But it is your car, do what you feel is cool and is what you like.

Ya I totally get what you mean. I actually googled some images after I posted that and boy the two tone looks awful almost all of the time. Thanks XFire! I'll stay well clear of that

Hey guys!

Well I got thosw new seat belts and I think they look pretty darn good! It's so nice to have seatbelts without frays in them!

Attachments

• IMG_6163.JPG
    IMG_6163.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6164.JPG
    IMG_6164.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 22
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.