DCV1

Casual User
Sep 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Lt3 Z51 HTC
Province
ON
I have 2021 C8 HTC Z51 in ELB with stripes-I got a Seasucker Talon and Flight Deck-bought from TDOT Performance in Canada-after much experimentation Seasucker and TDOT Performance finally conceded their rack will not work on my car-TDOT Performance said they would accept return as long as I cover the over $100+ shipping costs-so far I have not been willing to take that hit -the problem appears to be that there is not sufficient flat rear space other than on stripes and stripes are "thick" enough that suction pads will not seal-tried everything I could think of-learned 1) don't trust these guys-say customer responsible for confirming rack fits but also say "universal fit" yet they did not know the answer as to fit on my C8-so has anyone actually removed the stripes off C8 approx one year old 7000mi as this would allow rack to work-only need to do rear deck on HTC -car was ceramic coated by pros a year ago-concerned that stripes removal will leave fade? residue ? lines on rear deck?? Open to any ideas or suggestion-note road wheel will not fit in frunk/trunk so Flight Deck essential for road bike. Heat gun and delicate touch??

Pretty disappointed in Seasucker USA and TdoT Performance in Canada-obviously neither of them had experience and yet expected the customer to be their "guinea pig" and take the $$ hit -still agonizing over trying to remove stripes or just dump Seasucker!!!!!!

Pickleball one of the fastest growing sports in North America-courts are everywhere now and millions of players. Racquet sport without the heavy body toil of tennis and does a great job of making male/female old/young players equal based on skill-maybe all you youngsters are scoffing but strongly suggest you don't mock it until you try it. Inexpensive to play but sure easy to recognize the skill of the good players. I raced bicycles for many years at high level but health issues dictated an end to that competitive sport so trying to master pickleball-embarrassed by my ineptitude many times a day but damn it is fun!!!

Now can we get back to Seasucker questions and issues?????????

Reactions: Gilles27
Now can we get back to Seasucker questions and issues?????????
Have you gone to a body shop to ask what it would take to remove the stripe and ask what it would look like afterwards?
It might have to be ground off and repaired/painted

Be verry very careful if you try to remove stripes with a heat gun. I use wifey's hairdryer gun... you won't burn the paint off with it like you could easily do with a heat gun.

Be verry very careful if you try to remove stripes with a heat gun. I use wifey's hairdryer gun... you won't burn the paint off with it like you could easily do with a heat gun.
I also let the professionals do it so I could sue someone if they F'D it up....

Decided too late in season to worry about cycling so see if I am still around in spring and have rekindled interest in cycling-thank you to all those who provided useful suggestions!
Note I have brand new Talon rack and Flight Deck wheel Holder if anybody interested let me know. Sale would settle my conundrum!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread