Featured Thread
Aug 7, 2015
Victoria, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1960 Roadster
I did it and waved goodbye to the C7 earlier this week. With only 7800kms, she was just not being used to her potential. Am happy a good friend bought it and will really enjoy her. So, now down to 3 vintage vettes here at Sting Ray Alley -

image.jpeg

That must have been a tough decision! I got a 66 Chevelle off my dad, and already had a low mile 81 Z-28 350 4-speed car. The Z-28 sat a lot so I ended up selling it. However, I had to drop off an owner’s manual a week later. The new owner told me how he took all these different people for rides, and loved the car, so I felt pretty good about selling it to him and knowing the car is being enjoyed. Hopefully you have the same experience knowing the car went to a good home.

Reactions: ddgermann
...you kept the best cars....:Biggrin:...I .like the Texaco pole sign.
OMG - you're gonna get lambasted for that! :Ack2: Truthfully... the C7 was the most fun car I've ever owned and I was droopy to see it go! Am pretty sure there'll be another new one in the not so distant future. Hey - don't you have at least a few poles in your yard?? It's pretty great to live in the boonies where the neighbors don't give a hoot!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
That must have been a tough decision! I got a 66 Chevelle off my dad, and already had a low mile 81 Z-28 350 4-speed car. The Z-28 sat a lot so I ended up selling it. However, I had to drop off an owner’s manual a week later. The new owner told me how he took all these different people for rides, and loved the car, so I felt pretty good about selling it to him and knowing the car is being enjoyed. Hopefully you have the same experience knowing the car went to a good home.
Ya - exactly!! It's the best feeling to bump into the new owner at a car show excitedly dusting off his/her 'new' purchase and yakking to whoever will listen.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
If I posted what I think of the new cars ( after C3 ) I would get banned and hung on one of those poles :Ack2::Nopity: !!!! I have a bashed up Texaco but not the pole. A few power poles yes, my old GM sign hanging on one if you seen some of my old posts. Yes, nothing like space and freedom to do what a person wants.

Last edited:
As a new member last week I am looking at all the posts so I had to look at this one. When you said you let it go because you weren't using it I knew what you were saying. I am mostly a vintage motorcycle guy so they are a lot easier to keep but even then I have let some beauties go for the same reason. I have a 500cc Triumph cafe racer right now that I have been thinking of selling because I have taken it off the road and have no intentions of riding again. I would like to put it in the living room but realistically our house is too small for that. I've also thought about the basement but it is full of model trains. While I wait for my 2019 Z51 convertible the only Corvettes I have in the garage are a few pictures of older ones. You must have good taste because you have the real things and a beautiful Texaco sign.

As a new member last week I am looking at all the posts so I had to look at this one. When you said you let it go because you weren't using it I knew what you were saying. I am mostly a vintage motorcycle guy so they are a lot easier to keep but even then I have let some beauties go for the same reason. I have a 500cc Triumph cafe racer right now that I have been thinking of selling because I have taken it off the road and have no intentions of riding again. I would like to put it in the living room but realistically our house is too small for that. I've also thought about the basement but it is full of model trains. While I wait for my 2019 Z51 convertible the only Corvettes I have in the garage are a few pictures of older ones. You must have good taste because you have the real things and a beautiful Texaco sign.
Welcome fellow collector! I think a bike would look fantastic in your living room, but then I'm not your wife LOL! I know in our lives, we've parted with pieces (cars/signs/pumps) we never thought we would because the right person came along that was super excited in owning it. When someone appreciates the old things the way we do - and is going to display them proudly in their own shop or yard or living room - maybe in your case, ride the Triumph racer with so much pride - it's easier to let go. Thanks for the lovely compliment - we love our junque!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.