May 2, 2019
Van island
VetteCoins
Car
2019 zr1 ztk
Province
BC
So sat was a beautiful day in nanaimo had been a couple weeks since I had my zr1 out for a rip. I go hook up with my buddy who has a 63 and we go blasting around town the two cars look so good together was having a great day and at 906km my a8 had a catastrophic failure end of sat fun.
20200229_152906.jpg

WOW that sucks K-Dog...What happened?
Yes it does I've had a vette in my garage at all times for over 20 years first one ever to have to go on the hook. My bud and I were messing around I jumped on it grabbed a gear and tranny let go made a metal on metal sound car had no drive coasted to side of road and called roadside assistance. Popped into my dealer today to check on my car this is what I saw. Guess I got a mon or fri tranny new one is on it's way.
20200302_124141.jpg
20200302_122239.jpg
20200302_122234.jpg

Yes it does I've had a vette in my garage at all times for over 20 years first one ever to have to go on the hook. My bud and I were messing around I jumped on it grabbed a gear and tranny let go made a metal on metal sound car had no drive coasted to side of road and called roadside assistance. Popped into my dealer today to check on my car this is what I saw. Guess I got a mon or fri tranny new one is on it's way.View attachment 36778View attachment 36779View attachment 36780

That tranny had a litter... Sorry to hear. Hopefully you'll get it back together soon.

Yes it does I've had a vette in my garage at all times for over 20 years first one ever to have to go on the hook. My bud and I were messing around I jumped on it grabbed a gear and tranny let go made a metal on metal sound car had no drive coasted to side of road and called roadside assistance. Popped into my dealer today to check on my car this is what I saw. Guess I got a mon or fri tranny new one is on it's way.View attachment 36778View attachment 36779View attachment 36780

Wow.... just WOW... That's just nasty... Hopefully you're on the road again soon...

Thats nuts.... were they able to provide some reasoning for the failure? Truly hope all goes well for you and everything gets properly rectified
It will be mechanic at dealer said it was an internal fault basically a defective transmission only 906km on car so glad it happened now rather than later thank god for warranty would have really sucked spending that kind of money on a car and then its my problem lol

Wow K-dog, that tranny is definitely chewed up bad. Good thing it happened close to home too instead of being out on a run somewhere else.
Hope you get back on the road soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.