Oct 16, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
C6 GS Convertible
Province
ON
Help
My car is regestered in Ontario and I have a buyer from Quebec. Other than providing the Ontario Used Vehicle Information Package, Bill of Sale and signing the ownership is there anything else I need/should do to protect myself?

Thanks I did do a goggle search and looked on the Ontario sites but couldn’t find clear answers.
Good idea about asking at the Ontario vehicle licence office.
I’m hoping a CCF member has already gone through this and will post their experiences or tips.

Thanks I did do a goggle search and looked on the Ontario sites but couldn’t find clear answers.
Good idea about asking at the Ontario vehicle licence office.
I’m hoping a CCF member has already gone through this and will post their experiences or tips.

Selling a car to QC is no different to selling to any buyer whether they are in Quebec or Zimbabwe. It is their responsibility to register the car in their respective jurisdiction. Your obligations as a seller are UVIP and signed transfer form on the back of your registration. It's no more or less risky than selling to anyone. Definitely deposit the money order, cash or etransfer ahead of time before handing your keys over. Money orders, cash and etransfer emails can be faked so always double check with your bank.

Oh and in case you didn't know if this buyer is buying sight unseen it is 100% a scam. There will be talk of a shipper, western union transfer or some intermediary party plus a sob story typically, you get the gist.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I tried calling Service ON but no luck getting anyone to answer phone, went to local office but decided not to wait in the hour long lineup.
As Nik said selling my car to a Quebec buyer is really no different than selling to a Ont buyer. Logistics of delivery/pickup were a challange but with an excited/determined buyer we made it work.
One thing to add to Niks reply is that I went to a Service Ontario office with my remaining half of ownership and Bill of sale to advise that car is no longer mine and get rebate for remaing sticker months.
Received my rebate by direct deposit and kept my beloved Maple Leaf plates!
All I need now is a C6 GS convertible to put the Leaf plates on.

Reactions: Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.