Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
Well it had to happen. Old man time just keeps on chugging forward. Leaves changing and now falling, a nip in the air, mother’s tomatoes scattered throughout the house, and hearing the furnace kick on for the first time in months, can only mean the inevitable changing of the seasons.

It was an interesting “best summer ever”. Started full of hope with a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately the light turned out to be the train coming to meet us and here we are with the same federal government, the same seemingly absent provincial government (I think I saw Kenney’s picture on the milk carton this morning. Maybe we should issue an amber alert for the Premier?), and the only records Canadians are going to set at the winter Olympics are likely Covid related.

And the car is tucked away for it’s long winters nap.

The almanac, that “trust the science” document, after watching the frogs mating habits, has determined that this will be an ugly winter. Great, just freakin’ great. I wonder if the Almanac recommends a vaccination….hmmm….given it’s scientific basis for its climate predictions, I wonder.

In any event the cars have been lubed, stabilized, sanitized, and coverized.

Sad day. Sad day.

7EFEADB6-5405-4F7B-B661-FD6AC7B041DC.jpeg
056E1A51-83E0-4995-BCE5-737A0409A084.jpeg
A0EB4EBE-7055-42F8-ACA2-1F9DC50A5704.jpeg

Well it had to happen. Old man time just keeps on chugging forward. Leaves changing and now falling, a nip in the air, mother’s tomatoes scattered throughout the house, and hearing the furnace kick on for the first time in months, can only mean the inevitable changing of the seasons.

It was an interesting “best summer ever”. Started full of hope with a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately the light turned out to be the train coming to meet us and here we are with the same federal government, the same seemingly absent provincial government (I think I saw Kenney’s picture on the milk carton this morning. Maybe we should issue an amber alert for the Premier?), and the only records Canadians are going to set at the winter Olympics are likely Covid related.

And the car is tucked away for it’s long winters nap.

The almanac, that “trust the science” document, after watching the frogs mating habits, has determined that this will be an ugly winter. Great, just freakin’ great. I wonder if the Almanac recommends a vaccination….hmmm….given it’s scientific basis for its climate predictions, I wonder.

In any event the cars have been lubed, stabilized, sanitized, and coverized.

Sad day. Sad day.

View attachment 87579View attachment 87580View attachment 87581

Mine is going to my dealer Monday morning for an oil and secondary fluids change. Still expecting some nice weather this month so will leave my insurance active for a while just in case.
Do I notice a little less headroom in this garage Al?

Mine is going to my dealer Monday morning for an oil and secondary fluids change. Still expecting some nice weather this month so will leave my insurance active for a while just in case.
Do I notice a little less headroom in this garage Al?
Yep. The new garage has only 9 foot ceilings so it’s a little different. Still can do all my work just sit on a rolling stool instead. 1st world problems…lol.

Reactions: banjo and BDK
I have decided the car is going to keep going until the snow flies and sticks. I just returned from a great round trip with some great old and new Corvette friends. We did a Smoky Lake cruise, was a beautiful day of 15 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud. Fantastic farmers market was also much enjoyed there. I am keeping positive that the snow will hold off for a while and a couple more cruises may be possible. 🤞

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread