Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Great day for a run....about 40 cars left from Toronto and headed to Niagara Falls via the back roads and on to Niagara On The Lake for lunch at Butlers. Great time and really good to see so many familiar faces and a bunch of new cars. A few pics from the day...

IMG_5913.jpg
IMG_5917.jpg
IMG_5915.jpg
IMG_5916.jpg
IMG_5914.jpg

Awesome ... There's nothing like seeing friends out "drinking" together at a Shell Station.
I definitely want to drive Niagara-on-the-Lake and area - as I have family residing there.
I'd do a Rochester run and back in a heartbeat ... thought even an Erie Circle Drive would be cool too.
Wine Country on the Canada side ... don't know what's on the USA side ...
Plenty of "nauti" things to also do no doubt ...
Curious how this group of Corvette Friends know one another and I see some
have a nose plate and others are without ...

Last edited:
Awesome pics Murray. Now all you need is a selfie stick so you can take pics of you and your car. Curious if I can program a drone to follow and record me while I'm driving.

We've been putting cruises together since 2007. Between the Canadian Events section on the US Corvette Forum and the HDR Facebook page, we get lots of people. We do post up here but since most of the "eastern" folks are on either the US site or Facebook, they tend to get overlooked on this site.

Just do a search on my name. You'll find cruises, weekly GTG's, even Christmas Dinners, although I have toned down my posts on this board and attendance somewhat at these events last year and this year.

That Shell Station is just a staging area for the cars to meet up before heading out to the Falls via a nice leisurely cruise through the back roads, Niagara-On-The-Lake and one loud tunnel. Well loud if you're anywhere near the right car(s). Lunch was at a very nice restaurant in NotL

Last edited:
Stan, I had hoped you might of been there on the weekend. Miss seeing you at these runs.

Hope all is well with you.

Ah well you know how it goes Murray. Life happens. Taking a break from organizing cruises and the HDR this year to deal with it all. But I do miss them. Hopefully I'll be back next year. Can you believe it's almost 5 years since you joined the group? Where does the time go.

Save the Wave my friend.:Seeya:

Last edited:
That would have been great Murray! I had a fair bit of camera equipment with me too, so I could have had some fun with a show like that. Ask me how much fun it was walking across the border into New York with twenty pounds of metal and electronics (camera equipment) in my backpack. ;)

I have to commend you for making that trip, Murray! I also did the trip from about an hour north of you to Niagara in one day, and I gotta say, it's a long drive! I don't know how you Taronno folks deal with that traffic all the time and just shrug it off. I guess you don't have a choice and neither did I, but I couldn't live with it on the daily.

I've been through Niagara Falls before, but never stopped, and never saw the falls, so this was a first for me. It was nothing like I expected, including the falls. I mean, I knew what to expect for the falls, and it wasn't a big surprise, but the city itself sure did. It's like Canada's version of Las Vegas, except I got in trouble for carrying open beer.

When I eventually get a chance to go through some of my pictures from down there, I'll be sure to post some up, along with some stories.

Cheers my friend!

Jordan, I will admit I was beat when I got home, 880 some odd kilometres. Had to stop on the way home for an hour or so to recuperate. I just cannot do it anymore.

The one thing that I can say is that the Welland Canal Tunnel and Corvettes are a perfect mix for playing silly bugger. What a glorious sound!!!

Glad you got to see the falls, pretty spectacular site. We took our grand daughter last year, she had more enthusiasm for the Hill Barrel that went over the falls years ago that has been sitting miles down the road from the falls. Kids!!

Say hello to Nathaniel for me. Hope he enjoyed his trip as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.