Which run flats are on your car Paul? I'm thinking they were the Goodyear Eagle F1. Nothing terribly wrong with that original equipment tire. They are a good all around wet/dry tire except they tend to be noisy on the road. You don't really appreciate that until you run another quieter tire. If you want to stay with a run flat, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is arguably the best choice for a performance run flat tire out there. It has superior handling and traction and is also quiet but it loses traction in colder or wet weather.... If you're not top performance driven, there are several good run flats that are considerably cheaper than the Pilot SS. If you go with a non run flat, there are lots of good tires out there and I'm sure some of the guys with more non run flat experience than me will have lots of recommendations for you. If so, don't forget to get yourself the DynaPlug kit sold by one of the forums vendors. Lots of the members swear by it. Calling a tow truck for a Corvette is just not a great option if you have a flat. Good Luck. Let us know what you decide.

I should clarify... I have the Pilot SuperSport ZP. (Zero Pressure) Stock tire on the C7.I like the tire . Way stickier and quieter than the F1 that was on my C6.

Unless they have been switched at some point Paul, I'm 99.9% certain they will be the 275/35R18 on the front and 325/30R19 on the rear. Like anything, the longer the tire size has been used and the more vehicles that start using them, the more tire brand options you eventually have. I think the first year for the 19/20 combo was the 2009 ZR1. Before that and back a number of years it was only the 18/19 combo. Don't trust me though... measure twice and cut once...:Biggrin:

Reactions: Tinman
Is it harder to get 19 and 20 ?

ZR1 + some Grandsport an Z06 do have 19/20 combo and there is less otptions, + the michelin Pilot SuperSport ZP have very good crtitics but they are hard to get , the more popular 18/19 combo give you way more choices with or without run flat, they will also cost you less and are easier to get your hands on.

Hey Paul;

I have a C7 base , 18 fronts & 19 rears, and wore out the OEM runflats ( no track time) at about 32000 K..

I replaced them with Michelin AS/3+ NON run flats and carry a GM compressor/slime kit and have road side assistance.

For me the above work best due to ; quieter ride/ softer ride/ no scrubbing or crow hoping in wheel locked slow speed turns/ do not throw as much gravel on one of the roads I have to drive on/ no cold temperature restrictions regarding cracking/ no significant braking capability below 5* C .

Every ones driving environment is different and will generate a different set of priorities. Early last November on our way to Florida we left Beckley W.V. at about 07:30, temps were around 30*F with frost overnight. I was very glad I had the AS tires for the next four hours of driving in the mountains but still took easy on the curves and down hill portions.

Hope that helps and good luck with you tire hunting. One thing we know for sure,is good ones won't be cheap.

Reactions: robbob and theboss
The f1's that were on my car, base 09, were still the original equipment last year. Traction on those was like watching a stick of butter in a hot frying pan....useless. Went with mpss all around...non runflats...and could not be happier. Like glue compared to what I had. I carry a gummy plug kit and small compressor etc...for that oh oh moment. And before Rruuff day pipes in and says something like..."most people use TP for that oh oh moment"...well don't you worry boss...I got ya covered there too lol.

From what I have been reading, if you are not tracking your car, the only difference you will notice between the MPSS ZP and the non ZP tire is the price tag. If you do notice a difference on the road, you are risking going to jail anyway. o_O

I don't think you are immune from jail on the tracks either...oops lol
041113_5b.jpg
041113_6.jpg

The original Goodyear runflats on our 2005 were noisy and not great for traction. Picked up a nail about the first year or two that we had the car. Plugged it worked fine. I got a good deal on Firestone runflats and tried them, $1600 and change all in. Quieter than the Goodyears and a little better traction. Two summers, about 16K miles, and they still look good. I don't track the car so they do get a pretty easy life......most of the time.

Last edited:
The f1's that were on my car, base 09, were still the original equipment last year. Traction on those was like watching a stick of butter in a hot frying pan....useless. Went with mpss all around...non runflats...and could not be happier. Like glue compared to what I had. I carry a gummy plug kit and small compressor etc...for that oh oh moment. And before Rruuff day pipes in and says something like..."most people use TP for that oh oh moment"...well don't you worry boss...I got ya covered there too lol.

If I remember correctly Tim, your F1's were the customized models... You know... The ones with all the tread burned off.... :rofl:

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Shayne and Tinman
I'm in the same boat.
I drive a 2011 Grand Sport Coupe.
My fronts will need of replacing soon but my rears still have lots of life.
The car has MSS run flats right now.
At one point this winter I was ready to go with Super Sports (Non run flat) all around.
Because the rears are still good my other option would be fronts only MSS in run flats.
The car is in storage for another 6 weeks or so I have some time to decide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.