Can you share the recall link or at least some more info please Terence. I searched the GM recalls and also ran serial numbers and don't see a recall on this. My roof hasn't creaked but would be nice to know there's a recall if it does. Thanks

With early ones, like 2005, there was a recall for the outer roof delaminating from the inter. GM replaced the whole unit I believe. When ours starts to creak, I lube the rubber seals and all is well for a year or so. You can get the little bottle of lube from your GM dealer. I think I posted the part number a year or so ago.

I remember that post Keith. My C6 creaked and I followed your lead...more or less. I used a dielectric grease on the pins and the lock mechanisms. I hear installing an o-ring on the pins works as well. This is the first time I have heard of a C7 squeaking though.

sorry for not posting the bulletin, #15-NA-016 I am taking my 2015 Z06 in for service today at 9 am Monday October 3rd. I would advise if you are in doubt to get this fix done it looks quite substantial

sorry for not posting the bulletin, #15-NA-016 I am taking my 2015 Z06 in for service today at 9 am Monday October 3rd. I would advise if you are in doubt to get this fix done it looks quite substantial
Thanks Terence. I have an email in to my dealer's service manager right now. And I'm assuming you meant Monday, October 31st. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks Again.

I read on the US forum about the recall and various DIY fixes. My top started creaking so I cut about 4 cm of electrical tape and taped around the pin on the driver's side. No more creaking. O rings, lube, tape, some even sanded down the pins. The black pins are the problem and they are replaced with white pins, from what I understand.

Thanks tyho. You'd have thought that as this is a recurring problem on many years of Corvettes, the GM engineers would have nipped this in the bud by now.... :Beatdeadhorse:

Well. Here's the scoop on the creaking C7 Targa roof direct from my service managers mouth.... well.... email anyway. Much to his credit, only slightly more than an hour and I had this email answer. So far mine has not made any noise so here's hoping it is one of the cars that doesn't. We will see.

Good Morning Eric,

There are parts we can replace once we have verified the noise ourselves. It is not a replace on all vehicles scenario. Once verified I can check availability of the parts required and arrange a booking date after that. It is not a recall as it does not effect every vehicle and is dealt with on a complaint/verification basis only.

The parts are available but only stocked in the USA so they are 7-10days away from point of ordering. For your records here are the part numbers required:

23374302-qty 1

23374303-qty 1

23412818-qty 2

It takes between 1/2 hr to 1 hr to complete the modification replacements

Had the fix done today, they replaced both the pins (with white ones) and the receiving plates. Drove back from the dealership SILENTLY! so far so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed as this had taken a lot of pleasure out of ownership. Creaks and rattles drive me crazy. I also changed out the run flats to Continentals and the difference in road noise is substantial plus the tires do not chatter when manoeuvring a tight turn at slow speeds. Next modification is an MGW short throw shifter.

Had the fix done today, they replaced both the pins (with white ones) and the receiving plates. Drove back from the dealership SILENTLY! so far so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed as this had taken a lot of pleasure out of ownership. Creaks and rattles drive me crazy. I also changed out the run flats to Continentals and the difference in road noise is substantial plus the tires do not chatter when manoeuvring a tight turn at slow speeds. Next modification is an MGW short throw shifter.

Awesome, I'll have my roof done in the spring. As for the MGW shifter, one of the first mods I did ... what a difference!! Short, crisp, no ratcheting when shifting. You'll notice the difference in quality of construction and the material when you replace it. Enjoy.

Reactions: TerenceT
Awesome, I'll have my roof done in the spring. As for the MGW shifter, one of the first mods I did ... what a difference!! Short, crisp, no ratcheting when shifting. You'll notice the difference in quality of construction and the material when you replace it. Enjoy.
thanks for letting me know, check with the dealer but tell him it is noisy to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow up on the roof fix.......IT WORKS!!!!!!! Another aggravation I am trying to fix if a creak in the cabin at the passenger side rear porthole. I have applied graphite to the seam that runs down from the speaker grill. Its a beautiful day in Willow Beach Ontario today so I will be able to tell if my MacGiverism works

I think it's on Lake Simcoe Murray. My sister use to live somewhere in that area I think...guess a guy could always Google it too....lol...

Just got back from a great ride, I am on Lake Simcoe directly across from Barrie. The graphite trick has seemed to work so far, went along the lake road which has a few natural speed bumps.......no sounds

Alright I'll bite where is Willow Beach, Ontario?

Good luck with your home-brewed fix. I am more like Red Green, sounds like you are taking a more professional approach.:Biggrin:
It seems to have worked.....when I hear a rattle it is usually something loose, a squeak usually involves surface to surface. No professionalism here just trial and error, have a good one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.