Just came back from Spring Mountain this past week with a bunch of C8 owners.

Incredible track and instructors. We spent a bit more and did the Level 1 Advanced Intro to Lapping. I've tracked my C8 and the intro isn't exactly an intro...its all about car control, braking, proper corner in speed management, balance, throttle use etc. just amazing instruction. What blew me away was the seat time...we were in the cars constantly. Only a small amount of follow the leader track time as the remainder was us in the cars pushing them. You take home all of your PDR videos and the track analysis they do with you on computers is very cool...I improved my best lap time by 2 full seconds after that analysis. Try and beat my 1:47:32...
wink5.gif

120mph on the straight and 65mph in the corners...the C8 in Z51 trim is sublime.

Can't wait to go back and do the Level 2 advanced course.

_16A7808.JPG

_16A8889.JPG
_16A8939.JPG

Last edited:
When I asked if I could combine my 2-day C8 owner course with another and run them back to back with me paying full fare for the second course, Jenifer told me that simply wasn’t allowed. Tell us what you were able to arrange.
She could be right as we only did two days there. The intro C8 owners course in my opinion is a waste of time as you already know the C8. What mattered to us was the advanced lapping so hence why we upgraded but perhaps they allowed it because we already had prior track experience?

She could be right as we only did two days there. The intro C8 owners course in my opinion is a waste of time as you already know the C8. What mattered to us was the advanced lapping so hence why we upgraded but perhaps they allowed it because we already had prior track experience?
Cam, the owner from Texas ran back to back courses, corvette owner school to intro to lapping, I agree with Cam don't waste your time going through the basic school if you are at all an advanced driver

Reactions: CamsC8
Just watched it Cam. Good stuff!
I noticed many breaking in the middle of the corner. How did it handle there? Did it push at all?

Actually...I got into trouble and made an example of because at earlier sessions I wasn't riding the brake enough into some of the fast corners. When you do jam it hard initially then ease off you actually tighten up the car and carry more speed. Seems counter intuitive but they were right.

You can see it in the first few laps where I catch the red car and as he lifts off the brakes earlier than me I'm still catching him.

Actually...I got into trouble and made an example of because at earlier sessions I wasn't riding the brake enough into some of the fast corners. When you do jam it hard initially then ease off you actually tighten up the car and carry more speed. Seems counter intuitive but they were right.

You can see it in the first few laps where I catch the red car and as he lifts off the brakes earlier than me I'm still catching him.
Ya, I found that a lot even with front engine cars. Especially on off camber corners. The reason why I asked is the cars look quite stable, though they did seem to slide through the corner with too much brake mid corner. Was cool watching you catch the other cars.

Ya, I found that a lot even with front engine cars. Especially on off camber corners. The reason why I asked is the cars look quite stable, though they did seem to slide through the corner with too much brake mid corner. Was cool watching you catch the other cars.

Thanks Murray! I was very pleased with myself being the fastest at the school that week but it really speaks to how damn good the Z51 package is. My next C8 will have it on for sure.

These C8s with track alignment felt super planted and on corners I was surprised how much balance they have when you just let it coast without gas or brake intervention. The tires squeal even with the instructors as they take us out in our cars with us riding shotgun to show inputs and offer up advice. They also ride shotgun with us once or twice to provide that feedback. For sure I'd skip the intro course and pay up for the Advanced Level 1.

You're right that guy was in our group but on the bigger man track I passed him likely...

Thx for pointing that out... bahahahaha.

Love Cam

He says he can’t wait to go back for their Z06 school , sub 1:42 laps will be required I’m sure

I don’t move over lol

The G-Man

• Haha
Reactions: CamsC8
Here's my YouTube video:

Hey CamsC8 after watching your PDR I was reluctant to post mine. However, I will expose my - first time on a track - hack skillset.

The video is my second track session of day two at Ron fellows, and for a guy who's never driven or owned a spirited car like the C8 (on the road let alone a track) I came away with a sense of confidence and newly acquired skills that are learned in a controlled environment with great instructors. Perhaps those of you who've tracked before will find it way to basic but for hacks like me, it was way better than rolling my car up into a ball a few hundred yards into a farmers field trying to find my limits on some of the wicked roads south of Calgary.

I can tell you that for someone who gingerly maneuvers a 560,000 lbs Boeing 787 around 90° corners at 8knts in unfamiliar places, driving like this is counter-intuitive but incredibly stimulating.

For those of you who are like me and have never done this and don't think you need or want to go because you'll never track your car (I know I never will), you'd be missing out on an incredible opportunity to learn some of the limits of your driving and also gain some major confidence in what the car is capable of when you mess up.

Video attached... I realize I made tons of mistakes feel free to critique without using terms like..."what an idiot" or "how'd you get a licence" Youtube vid etc🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.