Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
Reactions: ddgermann
Congrats and I think you'll have a blast! I plan to attend but next year since I'll not get much driving time in 2020 before parking my car, assuming it arrives in mid-October as forecast. I hope to attend with some others from my area, if there's interest amongst others on the Forum and I'll likely start a thread to gauge interest when the time comes. Give us a full report when you're back and I assume you'll be taking a 128GB C10 SD card (or better yet a 256GB?) with you to capture your track time.

Reactions: ABC
Congrats and I think you'll have a blast! I plan to attend but next year since I'll not get much driving time in 2020 before parking my car, assuming it arrives in mid-October as forecast. I hope to attend with some others from my area, if there's interest amongst others on the Forum and I'll likely start a thread to gauge interest when the time comes. Give us a full report when you're back and I assume you'll be taking a 128GB C10 SD card (or better yet a 256GB?) with you to capture your track time.
Yes I have my shoes, my own helmet, and a fresh SD card. I am in a group of facebook comrades. Mark Riel set it up. I will fully report back. I will have time on my hands with 14 days of isolation. Haha.
Hope you get across the Border. Do you have to self isolate when you get back?
Yes, you can fly into the US no problem but yes when I come back I will have to take a 14 day holiday. I can work from home no problem.

• Spam
Reactions: Darren
I am heading down Sept 7&8 for my session. Getting exciting!
I wanted to fly into Vegas as well but just found out today my travel health insurance that I would not be covered if I have any medical issues related to Covid while traveling during the current restrictions. Not sure what to do.

I am dieing to go but not willing to die literally or compromise my health or anyone close to me from a trip like this. The US is out of control and I thought the border was closed to non essential travel?

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
To each their own, I am comfortable with the social distancing protocols in use with air travel and at Ron Fellows. I consider learning how to drive a C8 before I take it to the track essential learning. I also have no intentions of any premature departure of life. I will be isolating for 14 days when I return as required and my wife is ok with this. Yes the US has issues but I think this is a venue that can and will sanitize properly. And I will take my own supplies with me.

To each their own, I am comfortable with the social distancing protocols in use with air travel and at Ron Fellows. I consider learning how to drive a C8 before I take it to the track essential learning. I also have no intentions of any premature departure of life. I will be isolating for 14 days when I return as required and my wife is ok with this. Yes the US has issues but I think this is a venue that can and will sanitize properly. And I will take my own supplies with me.
I hope you have a safe trip. The fun should out weigh any of the worry. I didn't think you could travel at all if not "essential"?

Reactions: marcus86 and ABC
I hope you have a safe trip. The fun should out weigh any of the worry. I didn't think you could travel at all if not "essential"?
It's only not recommended and what I've learned is that you can't cross the border by land or water but you can fly by air. The Feds website outlines it all. Other than the obvious the main issues is availability of flights, no travel insurance and the Gov has made it clear that future repatriation is off the table so if you go and the it really shuts down again you are on your own.

I don't want to deter your desire to travel. Totally understand. I just returned from Miami for work. Immigration (on the way to the USA) grilled me on my need to travel to the states. I was somewhat surprised at this as I was under the impression that air travel was almost a slam dunk way to get to the states.

Although, I was allowed entry I got the impression that they would have turned me away had I not been able to prove necessity.

The other side of that experience is that I have friends who own property in Montana. They hopped on a plane to get to their place and had no issue getting through immigration. So... Who knows.

As far as covid goes the numbers have dropped significantly in the hot zones in the last few weeks.

Nevada had just over 500 cases today.

That’s for road crossings. Air travel is not restricted as they have more health screening including temperature taking. So all good to fly just not drive. Seats on planes are separated by empty seats and I always take an isle seat.
I don't want to deter your desire to travel. Totally understand. I just returned from Miami for work. Immigration (on the way to the USA) grilled me on my need to travel to the states. I was somewhat surprised at this as I was under the impression that air travel was almost a slam dunk way to get to the states.

Although, I was allowed entry I got the impression that they would have turned me away had I not been able to prove necessity.

The other side of that experience is that I have friends who own property in Montana. They hopped on a plane to get to their place and had no issue getting through immigration. So... Who knows.

As far as covid goes the numbers have dropped significantly in the hot zones in the last few weeks.

Nevada had just over 500 cases today.

I travel quite a bit for work. I have my NEXUS card and don’t anticipate problems but you are right, can be a crap shoot at any time. Still undeterred.

Further to my previous post if I could offer some advice...
Book a covid test (if your province allows) a few days before you travel - Better to find out your covid status while you're still standing on Canadian soil as opposed to finding out once you arrive in the USA - a fourteen day vacation stuck in a hotel room in vegas would NOT be awesome.

Secondly, prebook a covid test for your arrival back into Canada. My Dr told me to book it four days after my return to allow incubation. This test doesn't allow you to forgo self isolation but it may put your wife at ease knowing you have a negative covid test well in isolation.

Reactions: marcus86 and ABC
That’s for road crossings. Air travel is not restricted as they have more health screening including temperature taking. So all good to fly just not drive. Seats on planes are separated by empty seats and I always take an isle seat.

I travel quite a bit for work. I have my NEXUS card and don’t anticipate problems but you are right, can be a crap shoot at any time. Still undeterred.

For what it's worth, I think only Delta, Southwest and Jet Blue are still leaving the middle seat empty. Westjet and AC are filling all their seats as well. Just flew back from the coast. In all fairness, given the close quarters in a plane, an empty center seat makes little, if any difference. JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread