67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
Rolled out of bed this morning; looked out the window; thought about crawling back in again. One look at the calendar and I almost slashed my wrists.

Ten days until the Winter Solstice (no that's not a commemorative version of the Pontiac two-seater). It's the day the World ends. Don't any of you people have a Mayan calendar hanging in the kitchen?

Oh, and only 13 shopping days until Christmas. Princess Auto here I come. I hope the Mrs. likes whatever clothes I can find for her there. :D

But here's the really sad thing.........Spring is still over three freakin' months away.
2czeu1e.jpg

Let's pass the time dreaming, shall we? Which car or truck would you want (of course you can keep your Corvette too), if money weren't an issue? Classic? Domestic? Foreign? New? Hotrod? Luxury?

Let's hear what lights you up.
:confused:

LOL, no worries, Heaven -- It's winter solstice in a couple but it's also the day the daylight hours start to get longer.......Provided we survive "The End of the World" -- Think positive.

You thought about going back to bed -- I did since it was snowing (lightly)...(the joys of retirement). :D
It worked: when I got back up it had stopped and only about 1cm accum. then the sun came out.

Yeah spring is 3 months but it'll taste good when it comes, and we might even get into the 'vettes in early March if Mother Nature is going to be nice again.

INstead of another vehicle I'd just put more $$$ into Manny's pocket to get what I want. Got enough vehicles here already.

Keep the chin up. We'll see if we survive this thing Dec. 21 , then there's Christmas, New Years, a couple months of sh*t and spring is sprung again.

C.

which car ? probably a little different than most wish lists. - a 63 dodge max wedge,cross ram. 4 spd,radio and heater delete,bench seat,rubber floor mat,dog dish hub caps. no frills ,purpose built, sheer old school adrenaline !!! :coolgleam:

If I am dreaming and money was no object, I would buy back all the musclecars that I have ever owned and replicate the ones I couldn't find. I was fortunate in being able to own them and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. In all honesty, we are enjoying the Corvette more than any other car that we have ever owned. It just does everything so well and the performance is at least as good as the best that I have owned. The old musclecars are in a world of their own and the mystique can't be replicated no matter how many of these new COPOs they build. GM totally missed the mark having a bunch of race cars built then sticking the COPO name on them. The Corvette is in its own world too. You really can't compare the two but I would love to have both.
Just thought of something. If the end of the world is coming, why am I wasting time buying Christmas presents. Might just hop in the Corvette tomorrow and never stop driving until doomsday comes in a couple of weeks. Who cares if it gets a little salt on it, we aren't going to be around anyway. ;)

Last edited:
That max wedge sounds pretty awesome! (My uncle has a large selection of 62 Belvedere's so I know those Dodge pretty well as he's a Mopar man). Mean looking cars.

Anyway, considering the climate I live in and with being allowed to have the Corvette...I would have to go with an Audi R8 or GTR as they are awd and would work well for winter (as long as there is not too much snow).

which car ? probably a little different than most wish lists. - a 63 dodge max wedge,cross ram. 4 spd,radio and heater delete,bench seat,rubber floor mat,dog dish hub caps. no frills ,purpose built, sheer old school adrenaline !!! :coolgleam:

Nice car -- I was involved in racing one of those (but with the 413) back in the day. A real mover.

C.

the big three in detroit in the early 60's put together some pretty hairy stuff. smoky yunnick and pontiac, the mopar ram charger boys, duntov,ford thunderbolts. i can only imagine what might have made it into production had those guys had their way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread