2007 Z51
Rolex 24 at Daytona
January 24-26, 2014

Television Broadcast:

Saturday, Jan. 25
2-4 p.m. EST on FOX
4-9 p.m. EST on FOX Sports 2

Overnight (Jan. 25-26)
9 p.m. – 7 a.m. EST on IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

Sunday, Jan. 26
7 a.m. – 3 p.m. EST on FOX Sports 1

LIVE TIMING: IMSA feed:

LIVE TIMING: ALMS STYLE:

Radio:
SiriusXM 90, 117

PIT NOTES:

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @UnitedSportsCar, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @DISupdates, @Rolex24Hours

Team & Driver Twitter accounts:

TICKET INFO:
Call Gina at 877-306-7223 Make sure you order the Corvette Corral parking corral ticket

Event Schedule:

Spotters Guide:

Printable Spotters guide:

Entry List:

Track Map:

WEATHER:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing out of YKF to Fla. Mark? That'll be one fun trip. Nice winter getaway especially with this dang cold.

Enjoy -- if you have your laptop with you keep us up on everything.

Cheers, and safe travels

Colin.

Great news! Missed the race, but true to the poster I have hanging in my garage:

"Behind every great Corvette there's a BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari" Add to that now Audi. :D

What a Great 5 day trip to the 24 hours of Rolex.
We also attended the NCRS event in Kissimmee and the Mecum Auction in Orlando.
3 great events all running at the same time.
Add this to you Bucket list.

Friday (practice Day) was a bit colder than expected. only hit about degree's C and Windy. Cars had trouble hooking-up the tires.

Saturday warmed up to about 18 degrees. The Corvette C7R's started way back in the field, but were working their way up lap after lap. Too bad the #3 car had to drop out overnight do to coolant issues.

Sunday I was able to wear shorts & a Tee shirt: The #4 car was battling with the P car for hours, for the number one position in class.
We were about to overtake the Porsche when the gearbox overheated, causing Tommy Milner to bring it to the garage. They changed the gearbox in 18 minutes, (very exciting to watch). milner re entered the race in 6th position and eventually ended up 5th.

Not the finish they wanted, but still a great event for the brand new C7R.

Great to see the Daytona Proto-type Corvettes finish #1, #2, #3. These machines are amazingly fast. All the Corvette DP's are running LS3 motors.

I will post pictures later.:canada:

What a Great 5 day trip to the 24 hours of Rolex.
We also attended the NCRS event in Kissimmee and the Mecum Auction in Orlando.
3 great events all running at the same time.
Add this to you Bucket list.

Friday (practice Day) was a bit colder than expected. only hit about degree's C and Windy. Cars had trouble hooking-up the tires.

Saturday warmed up to about 18 degrees. The Corvette C7R's started way back in the field, but were working their way up lap after lap. Too bad the #3 car had to drop out overnight do to coolant issues.

Sunday I was able to wear shorts & a Tee shirt: The #4 car was battling with the P car for hours, for the number one position in class.
We were about to overtake the Porsche when the gearbox overheated, causing Tommy Milner to bring it to the garage. They changed the gearbox in 18 minutes, (very exciting to watch). milner re entered the race in 6th position and eventually ended up 5th.

Not the finish they wanted, but still a great event for the brand new C7R.

Great to see the Daytona Proto-type Corvettes finish #1, #2, #3. These machines are amazingly fast. All the Corvette DP's are running LS3 motors.

I will post pictures later.:canada:

Yes! Lots of pics please! I have wanted to go to this event for some time. I have been to Daytona International Raceway and did the tour. The banking is absolutely insane! How's that venue from a spectator's point of view. Did you guys have a trailer and "camp", or did you stay at a nearby hotel?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.