VikingTrad3r

VikingTrad3r

Regular
Sep 9, 2014
VetteCoins
who else on here has been to Calgarys new Rocky Mountain Motorsports raceway and is anyone else considering buying a 45k membership?

Considered buying a membership, but went with Area-27 in Oliver, BC instead. I was impatient and RMM wasn't ready soon enough. Although the track and the weather in Oliver is great, I think in the long run, RMM will be a better deal. Better management, better long-term vision, not on tightly controlled First Nations land and closer to better amenities. I do see lots of drivers at Area-27 from Calgary though. Any way you look at it, it is a lot of money just to have the option of lapping days. For the money, you can join in a lot of other events and get you lapping fix in. For me, I'm usually first through the gates when they open, first to grid and sometimes, the only car on the track for whole lapping sessions. I get my 3 lapping sessions in before lunch, pack up and head home. Joining in scheduled events pretty much guarantees lots of cars on the track at the same time, traffic congestion and frustrating laps. How big of a priority is a wide open track to you? $$$$

Tough to make sense of the RMM expense if you are not residing in southern ab. Vice Versa for A27 which looks epic!

I see many great collaborations coming between the tracks. 👍

I'm hopeful for collaboration between the tracks, but not holding my breath. Some of the management team from A27 went over to RMM and there may be repercussions from that. A27 does have reciprocal agreements in place with other tracks, such as Apex Motorsports Park in Arizona. I'm a bit biased against A27 management though so take it all with a grain of salt. (My business partner passed from cancer and A27 management would not let his widow sell the membership a couple months "early". They made her wait the full 5 years from purchase date, when she could have used the money when it was needed most.) That and members at A27 in my opinion are treated like dirt. I could ramble on and on, but if you contemplate buying a $45k+ membership, dig deeper into the organization to gain some insight as to how you will feel about the purchase 5 years down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.