crazylegs
Sep 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Went for a tour on the new track near Carstairs Alberta Tuesday. It’s 85% completed , anyone wanting to track their c8 or future z06 won’t find a better one in Canada. This is 3 miles from where I live but the membership fee is 33,000$ so a little out of my league. They are going to have track rental days for clubs and such that one could go to though. They have a good website you can check out if anyone is interested.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
what’s it been a decade in,the making and it is still not even close to being complete with,hotels and pit area
a bit of a joke

45K for membership at a race track that is in Alberta, where you only get , at most, about 6 months of Corvette weather? Definitely for someone who is is a way bigger snack bracket.

yes and no. its like a golf course really. there are plenty of opportunities to visit the track and drive the track as a non member. A good example is this sunday there is an intermediate and advanced trackjunkies day.

other events are dedicated to beginners. the rmm calender is being populated now as the track starts to open up.

similar to golf but there is a far bigger market for golf. but, a correspondingly larger supply of golf courses!

yes and no. its like a golf course really. there are plenty of opportunities to visit the track and drive the track as a non member. A good example is this sunday there is an intermediate and advanced trackjunkies day.

other events are dedicated to beginners. the rmm calender is being populated now as the track starts to open up.

similar to golf but there is a far bigger market for golf. but, a correspondingly larger supply of golf courses!

Any idea of the cost for a day?

Any idea of the cost for a day?
the track itself has a calender online, and offeres beginner classes and advanced classes. prices are posted.

wife and i are going tomorrow (my c4 zr-1 and her c5 6spd) for a “Trackjunkies” event that heretofore have been at castrol in edm. i think there will be 60 cars as i believe it is sold out and i read 60 spaces available when i first signed up.

It is i think $500 for the day.

Keep in mind that if this your first trip to a track, its great to go with someone you know (even if its an “internet friend”) who has been before, it can be slightly intimidating as the fast guys go about twice as fast so learning to be passed safely is a huge component. You sort of need to unlearn street driving and having a person to teach you the basics — which can quite easily also be learned from the copious youtube videos—this is what i did as i got into it one year before covid and then bam nobody was allowed into my car the second and third season!

ive done about 15 trackdays in the last two years and have competed now in two wheel to wheel races (certainly do not need to take it that far) and cannot say enough good things about all stages of my “drivers ed” from a guy who thought hp=faster to now a guy who knows smooth is fast and hp is nice to have but not necessary—-even a hinderance —until very advanced, when it turns into a must for pro competition which i will never be. 👍

Reactions: Rruuff Day
cannot say enough good things about all stages of my “drivers ed” from a guy who thought hp=faster to now a guy who knows smooth is fast and hp is nice to have but not necessary—-even a hinderance —until very advanced, when it turns into a must for pro competition which i will never be. 👍

Good on ya! That is one of the hardest lessons to learn!

Speaking from a guy in a 320HP car who was totally embarrassed being passed by a guy in a Honda with about 150HP. I can't remember his name but he was an Ontario Solo 1 champ (If that type of racing still exists.) That guy could, like discount car rental, "take any car on the lot and go!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.