Featured Thread
Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
Here is a great article and a great little tool that will really help with stone chips and small paints chips. For some reason my links don't want to co operate,so just copy and paste into Google search bar and the first result that shows up from MSN is the one you want. Shortly I will be ordering the too; described , it is only 25 Dollars.
Al..

How to Touch-Up Rock Chips On Your Car

Looks like this link will behave as it should..

Last edited:
Quick update on the rock chip fix pen @New C5er. I was in town yesterday and as I drove past our resident Art and Drafting supplies store, I remembered your post and stopped in just to see. Sure enough.... Same fix it pen was sitting on the shelf...and at a good price.... Now it's mine. :Hurray:

So might be an option for a bit cheaper and avoiding shipping costs if anyone is looking and has an Art/Drafting supplies store nearby....

Eric

finetip.JPG

Now doesn't that make the thought of a simple paint fix and then xPel Ultimate or the 3M application ... doable :thumbs:

I gotta remember this thread for sure - I bet the need for this thread is gonna come up in upcoming meet and greet discussions.

Last edited:
Quick update on the rock chip fix pen @New C5er. I was in town yesterday and as I drove past our resident Art and Drafting supplies store, I remembered your post and stopped in just to see. Sure enough.... Same fix it pen was sitting on the shelf...and at a good price.... Now it's mine. :Hurray:

So might be an option for a bit cheaper and avoiding shipping costs if anyone is looking and has an Art/Drafting supplies store nearby....

Eric

View attachment 10646

What store did you get it from?

I found it here online........ Loew Cornell Painting and Crafting Tools

See some on amazon com too

Brian

I got it at Red Deer Art and Drafting Supplies. It was the only one on the rack and the girl working there was a temp who didn't really know what it was or if they had more in stock. But I'm betting an art supplies store of any size anywhere else should have them.

For touch up. Believe it or not, I go too hobby stores and buy Testors paint kits and even use their fillers. A little patients and multi colors to chose from. You can touch up that is 100% hidden unless very close inspected............. Their spray paints do an awesome job on bigger areas.

info here: https://www.testors.com/

Most toy stores and departments also sell their stuff..........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread