Casual User
May 9, 2018
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5
Province
ON
Hey everyone, I’ve been reading up on the rim threads as much as possible. I would have thought buying rims for a vehicle would be easy and simple, but I find myself confused. What exactly does the rim offset mean? I’m in the market for a 2002 C5. I’ve read that many owners have upgraded to C6 rims, does this mean you now have a 18” front and 19” rear? Or did they buy same size rim diameter as a stock C5. I’m currently looking at some C6 Z06 spyder from corvette depot.ca, but like I said I’m confused!!

1538927667608.png

The wheel offset is measured in millimeters and results in a positive, negative, or zero offset. Positiveoffset is when the hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. ... Negative offset is when the hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline.

A negative offset will have the wheel stick out more from the hub. If postive then it sits in more and you have less clearance to the suspension / wheel wells . One really has to measure things well before you buy a rim so that you got the clearances to turn and not rub etc. Changing the rim diameter is kinda a users choice in most cases......you want them all the same or bigger in back . Changing sizes also affects the speedometer , fender well clearances.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.