Bluex99

Casual User
Apr 21, 2020
VetteCoins
hi tires for a 85 are hard to find. anyone put on different rims to get to a 17 or 18. suggestions? i see i may need adaptors is this good or bad?

hi tires for a 85 are hard to find. anyone put on different rims to get to a 17 or 18. suggestions? i see i may need adaptors is this good or bad?
I did a quick google search, I tried "Wheel Offset Calculator", "Corvette Central", and "adapters for different rim sizes". There appears to be a lot of info but a bit of research should let you sort it. Otherwise I'd say talk to a reputable tire shop. You need to get rim and tire combinations that won't mess with your speedometer. I doubt, (but I'm not certain) that GM would have used different bolt patterns when they went to larger wheels on the later C4's. iTs liable to be a bit costly, but a Corvette grin isn't cheap (LOL). Good Luck

zip corvette has a “group buy” going right now where u pay $40usd as a deposit and when enough people have signed up goodyear will make a run.

in the meantime, you can go work out using those offset calculators what size you need and get a different set of rims.

my fav is c6 base 5spokes on the early cars.

• Informative
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.