Jun 14, 2016
Richmond
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C6
Hi everyone,

My C6 gave me a Turn Off Air-conditioning" message yesterday and the fan was running. Later on I tried starting the car and the same message came up so I left it. The next time I tried it wouldn't start and made an odd sound as it was trying to turnover. I am thinking fuel pump, but not sure.

Looking for a good mechanic or mechanic shop around the Lower Mainland to take it to, even any dealer's that can be trusted.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You're in luck, he is close to you in Delta BC, Gary Yorke, Classic and Performance Cars, Unit129-7198 Vantage Way, Telephone 604-940-9633, only person I will let loose on my C-7. Best Corvette Tech I have ever known.
Good morning, thank you for the suggestion. I was a little worried to get it towed to a dealership and leave it with them as that doesn't always seem to go well. Hopefully this option goes better. Thank you again, I appreciate it.

Check belts first. AC Compressor to start.
Thank you for the suggestion. I did a quick check of the belts, seemed fine. I have been having an issue with the fuel sending unit for a bit so the gas gauge isn't working, just thinking the issue got worse. And the sound reminds of my Integra when the fuel pump went years ago. But this makes no sense to me with the air conditioning warning going off and my temperature being at 100, I have seen some people talking about a temperature sensor, but then other posts saying it doesn't exist. I'll have to research more a bit today, just been busy with other things. Maybe need to go buy a code reader....