smilly

I'm New Here
Jan 29, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1966 427 coupe
looking for a reputable restoration shop for my 1966 427 coupe. I live in northern Ontario. the car was last driven ten years ago. I have owned the car for 43 years.

Reactions: hotrodkid54
Dez's Paint Shop in Greely just outside Ottawa. Dez encourages owners to be an active part of the restoration. He has been in business for more than 30 years very reputable. He has done several major restorations for me including a frame off 69 Indy Pace car and all the work on my current 4000 mile all original 72 Vette. Good luck Dave

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes some pictures would be great. Can you be a little more precise as to where in Northern Ontario you are. Might make the choice of shops a little easier for all.

This sounds like quite the adventure, owning for 43 years and about to restore it. Is it a cosmetic or mechancial restoration you want to do? Saw a car the other day that had been parked for a long time, it was put away properly and frankly looked pretty darn good, just needed the mechanicals gone over.

Best of luck with it. Hope we can help.

Willing to travel 700 km from sault ste marie, could possible run it where ever or I have a enclosed car hauler, it is pretty rough as it was used as a hummer back in the day. The engine is original, I did the body my self 42 years ago, disco paint job with air craft paint (imoron?) Both quarters. Used two 454's blew them up street racing, rebuilt and put the original engine back in. The whole car should be gone over.

20180118_152029_001.jpg

looking for a reputable restoration shop for my 1966 427 coupe. I live in northern Ontario. the car was last driven ten years ago. I have owned the car for 43 years.
WOW! Definitely worth restoring - good luck with the project and finding a reputable restorer. There is one north of Toronto - can't remember name - on Speed Channel - good place to start.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.