Dec 29, 2012
Barrie, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2000 C5 Convertible
My drivers' seat suffered a small tear at the end of the season. I've been contemplating purchasing a pair of new seat covers from e-Bay (they are not really seat "covers" but actually replace the OEM leather). Does anybody else have these and if so how difficult are they to install?
Thanks.

My drivers' seat suffered a small tear at the end of the season. I've been contemplating purchasing a pair of new seat covers from e-Bay (they are not really seat "covers" but actually replace the OEM leather). Does anybody else have these and if so how difficult are they to install?
Thanks.

Hey Wayne, don't buy the Ebay seat covers. They are cheap and do not fit well. There are a couple of great companies making replacement and aftermarket seat covers. Al Knoch interiors, Vette essentials out of Michigan just to name a couple. I think Manny could lead you in the right direction also.:canada:

Thanks for the tips. I will investigate all. Also look forward to checking out Manny's shop in the near future. I used to deal with a shop in Brampton but the fellow passed away a few years ago and I haven't found anybody I trust to take his place.

I got my seat covers at a great price ($700) from DJMotorsports!
Added in a few additional touches for another $100, they did a great job.
Do not know if its in your budget but you will not go wrong with them.

seatcover1.jpg

seatcover2.jpg

seataccessories.jpg

custominterior1.jpg

custominterior3.jpg

Thread Links,
http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/cosmetic-enhancements/1184-new-seat-covers-arrived.html
http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.c...hancements/1537-interior-almost-finished.html

Quality Leather

Where do you get real quality leather? The factory stuff certainly doesn't stay nice for long. Our '97 Olds LSS has had the best of care and leather treatment products and is kept in doors, yet the seats used most look like the palms of my hands with all the crease lines. Our 2005 Corvette, with about 25K miles on it is already starting to show the crease lines. We just sold our '69 300 Deluxe SS Chevelle. The 300 Deluxe got the cheapest of seat materials, yet, after 43 years and 165K miles, the seats looked like new. The Malibu interior in our COPO Chevelle looked pretty decent too with close to 200K miles. If we were to get our Corvette seats re-covered, I think I would lean towards a good quality Naugahyde type vinyl rather than leather. I'll bet 95% of the people out there couldn't tell the difference between leather and vinyl anyway.
Doug Deyell, a guy south of Peterborough could probably whip me up seat skins from scratch. He's done all my work since the mid '70s and has a lifetime of experience to hone his skills.

Mine do not, they go over the seat frame/foam.
Our seat covers take alot of wear and tear, worth spending
a bit extra to get something that lasts. If need them installed
Manny can help you he took care of them for me.

I am not sure of the Ebay covers?

not2melo - looks awesome. I will contact DJMotorsports. My interior now is black on black and I would like to give it some red accent. Also going to get my calipers powder coated red in the spring. Thanks for the tip.

Just had a look at DJ motorsports site and the covers look great. My 2002 has all black interior and I want to keep it looking factory, which they can do, but the package they sell for $799 includes a bunch of other pieces for consul , door pulls etc which I don't need or want. Will check with them if just the seats can be ordered.

Amazon product ASIN B00PIA9VBQ
I just bought these covers from Amazon.ca, got them today , and they look great! Made from "synthetic leather" which is very durable etc ( I've got seats done in it in 2 other cars) and priced right . Very good quality and workmanship, and I think the red accents will look great. Surprisingly they're made in Pakistan....and shipped through a company in the US called Interior Innovations. Haven't got them on yet but so far so good!

Reactions: hemicat
I got a buddy who's an upholsterer to put them on and they're GREAT! He says they're some of the best covers he's worked with. They look great , fit great , the leather is actually "faux leather" but it's good grade and soft . I would definitely recommend these. This pic isn't mine but I think mine worked out batter than this - the seat bottom on mine is more sucked downaround the rolls in the center which looks better.

Attachments

• vette seat1.JPG
    vette seat1.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
l buy Synthetic Leather Seat Covers for Sport Seats from Amazon almost 500$ custom colour and lbuy both cushion for Seat only 300$ eBay . Idont put them yet. But they are beautiful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.