Would anyone know if u can remove the hazard switch (triangular switch beside the middle vent above the NAV screen) without needing to pull the dash carbon fibre instrument surround part?

Looked on YT, they show removing the dash surround piece before getting the switch out. The switch looks like u can pop it out with plastic pry tools.

7:44 in.....

it looks like he is using his fingers from the back side also to remove it and not just the pry tool. It has these 4 dimples that snaps it into place. It might be hard to remove without causing any damage. Make sure you take your time.

1667825510781.png

1667825561841.png

Yes, if I try to remove it I will BE CAREFUL. The only thing is the video I linked the person was actually replacing the stock regular dash trim with a CF piece so he had that part out and was swapping all the other pieces from 1 trim to the other hence the view of removing the hazard switch in his video. He also had the opportunity as you mentioned of pressing from the back of the switch while prying with the plastic pry tool.

A little heat might help also, next spring into summer if I leave my car outside to bake a bit in the sun it might make removing the switch easier...................we'll see.

Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.