Stunt-Fire

I'm New Here
Feb 2, 2021
California
VetteCoins
New here, and asking thoughts on remote oil filter fender kit idea or maybe one already has kit? Want to place remote oil filter that can be accessed custom panel within driver wheel well pocket. Want to also run drain valve line from oil pan to this area. Furthermore, from remote filter want to run oil line to oil cooler mounted behind C5 Tiger Shark bumper grill. Has anyone done this? What is max length of oil lines ? Disabled old man, and my idea is to make oil changes easier as the drain line would be behind driver wheel area, and one could easily change filter without crawling under car. In theory, just jackup car, and reach up under fender to access panel or simply turn wheel to access frame pocket? Seen turbos mounted in this area, so plenty of room. What yer thoughts?

thanks for your thoughts, but wasnt asking if one should go have someone else work on my car as prefer to do it myself. Also, dealer charges a lot and requires time consuming appointment that takes forever. Oil change shops have kids changing your oil, and most ramps do not have clearance as my car is very low. By the way, conducted the modification and we tried it on 3 vettes. You remove bottom driver fender access panel; reach up and pull out the extended oil line, flick it open on oil pan, then twist off remote oil filter ( I have Amsol dual filter), reach up twist on filter, snap shut oil drain line, and fill up oil. Takes 5 minutes, cost Walmart Mobil oil, and even if you change both filters it is far cheaper than having someone else work on your car. But hey, thanks for the advice on my idea for the Fender Oil Pocket Kit

Also, pressure does not drop with sandwich kits. No fear of oil filter getting hit as it is tucked safely in fender pocket away from rocks etc… Kit takes 1.5 hours to install first timers, but I do it in an hour. If you change your oil not that often then maybe dealer is best option. If you track your car or drive it with high spirit or like to keep religious oil change then you will love the pocket oil? kit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.