Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
back row, third from left, my dad jerry fulton. field radio operator with the royal canadian artillery. the invasion of sicily, italy, holland and germany.

12240022_10156193432410223_1329846767191037986_n.jpg

Reactions: Lawrence
Yes, it is very important that we remember and be thankful for what they did and gave of themselves for us.

My son and I again attended the local Remembrance Day ceremony on Sunday with our Scout Troop. I think it's important that we ensure our younger generations also continue the tradition to respect, show thanks and understand the great sacrifice that was given for their freedom.

Something else that I've started to do, when traveling through airports. If I see some troops in a restaurant in transit, I'll try and pick up their tab, just to say thanks.

My grandfather was in the RCAF during the second war. He never forgot what happened up until he passed away.
Many thanks to the vets out there, past and present, for your service.:canada:

My wife and I went to the Remembrance Day Service in our town of Haliburton this morning. Cool and lightly raining but for a small town the turn out was incredible. Several hundred children from the local school came and with deepest respect remained absolutely silent during the service. There must have been 5 to 600 people there to pay their respects and celebrate the lives of all those who served.

We moved here from Toronto in 2007 and have attended the ceremony every year since. Each year there are fewer and fewer vets marching. The crowd applauds them as they march by. The respect is very real. For a small community they lost a lot of soldiers in both wars, teenagers who barely knew what lay ahead for them crossing the ocean. Bravery indeed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.