Remove the spare tire if you haven't already.
My AC stopped working long ago, removed it. Saved 32lbs (only removed compressor and condenser, more to be removed)
i swapped to a smaller battery and saved 27lbs there.

My C7 Z51 is on a similar weight reduction diet. So far, removed badges and Corvette from the rear, carbon plenum and top fuel covers, carbon Halltech cai, down 10 lbs, ARH mid length headers, Borla catless x-pipe and B&B Bullets, NPP delete and removed actuators, lost about 30 lbs, Braille light weight battery, 17 lbs. lighter, but added 15 lbs of Dynamat sound deadening. Next up, lighter tires, non-run flats, carbon fan shroud and lower fuel rail cover one day, AP rotors. I'm aiming for 100 lbs reduction .... this diet gets expensive!!!

Why would you mess with a high priced C7? I guess it is only going to go down in value anyway.

You could park in a bad neighbourhood and I'm sure they will reduce the weight for you.

The same reason others mess with higher priced z06's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, etc. It's something I enjoy and as for value. I'm not planning on selling the car, and if I do, well, I'll deal with the value then. Think of the price of a C1 or C2.:Cheers2:

Hahaha. The bad neighborhood is NOT a recommended weight reduction as they tend to do too much lightening. :D

And, I'm sure all cars could use a bit of a reduction in weight as they are a compromise from the factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread