Seeing the color on another GM vehicle would be better than nothing, but I like to see the color on the actual C8 to see how it looks with the C8 body lines and shapes. Unfortunately, not likely to happen, so I expect I will be taking a chance when I order Red Mist.
You can't go wrong with Torch either. I'm worried the red mist will be too dark like the LBR was.

Reactions: Maximus74
Anyone in southern Alberta taking delivery of a red mist c8 in the next couple of months? I would like to see one in person, I’m considering changing my order from torch red to red mist but would really like to see one first.

Here's the best I can do for you:

-my dealer Capital Chevrolet in Calgary (southern Alberta) has one "red mist" (colour code: "GPH") C8 on order
-it's been accepted by GM but no TPW (target production week) yet; a TPW will likely be assigned in the next month
-the rest of that order is a convertible 2LT with the Z51 package (I didn't ask about the interior colours; sorry)
-if the timing works for you and your order, you can call my salesperson (Craig Heuchert) through the dealer receptionist (403-256-4960) for updates over the next month on the TPW, to try and see it "in person" upon its arrival. Craig's a great guy and will help you out as much as possible
-Capital Chev does have a 2021 Camaro in its showroom and Craig tells me it's gorgeous with its new for 2021 "wild cherry tintcoat" colour that "pops", which looks like it might be similar to the C8 red mist...but it's NOT the identical colour (its colour code: "GSK"), should you want to look at something similar right now if you're in the area

Here's a posting on a Camaro Forum, showing the "wild cherry tintcoat" colour:

Good luck with your "quest". I wasn't fortunate enough to order my 2020 C8 until well after seeing my first one "in person" let alone the colour I ordered...and I wish I'd seen all 12 colours before placing my order...hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Jeffer2013
That’s too bad. Make sure your dealer tells you where you are in the line-up and how many more allocations they’re expecting. Stay on their list and keep getting updates. Then you need to contact other dealers and focus on those who sold a fair number of 2020 C8’s, to see what your chances are of finding a 2021 sooner with them and if it sounds promising, get on their list as well. Keep in mind people drop off the list when circumstances change so you can move up on any list. Good luck!

They had 11 2020 corvettes delivered last year and I am # 8 for 2021 but they said there allocations have been cut back severely, have you heard of other Canadian dealers facing the same problems?
How can they say that, since allocations are given every months and no one knows how much they will have. Maybe its to get them for them self and add a markup?

They had 11 2020 corvettes delivered last year and I am # 8 for 2021 but they said there allocations have been cut back severely, have you heard of other Canadian dealers facing the same problems?

I'd check with another dealer and previously on this same thread, I gave you information about my salesperson. So I'd suggest calling Craig to see his views on "cut back severely" and I've no doubt he'll tell you what he knows. However that strikes me as very odd with there being no big production shut-downs due to COVID like there was in 2020 and Murray's spreadsheet on daily production numbers has Bowling Green moving ahead fairly steady with their output.

As well, contact other dealers to see where you'd be placed on their lists and what they say about their expected 2021 allocations compared to 2020. Sorry I'm not better informed but I stopped talking to people about C8 allocations after receiving mine. Perhaps someone else on the Forums who is more in the know about 2020 vs 2021 expected numbers, can chime in. But again, if you're really looking to get a 2021, you'll need to do some homework and contact more dealers. And don't be shy about contacting the dealers who are members on these Forums.

I'd check with another dealer and previously on this same thread, I gave you information about my salesperson. So I'd suggest calling Craig to see his views on "cut back severely" and I've no doubt he'll tell you what he knows. However that strikes me as very odd with there being no big production shut-downs due to COVID like there was in 2020 and Murray's spreadsheet on daily production numbers has Bowling Green moving ahead fairly steady with their output.

As well, contact other dealers to see where you'd be placed on their lists and what they say about their expected 2021 allocations compared to 2020. Sorry I'm not better informed but I stopped talking to people about C8 allocations after receiving mine. Perhaps someone else on the Forums who is more in the know about 2020 vs 2021 expected numbers, can chime in. But again, if you're really looking to get a 2021, you'll need to do some homework and contact more dealers. And don't be shy about contacting the dealers who are members on these Forums.

Talked to Craig this morning and gave him a deposit on a 21 , possible delivery by June or July. Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: gone and Maximus74
Anyone in southern Alberta taking delivery of a red mist c8 in the next couple of months? I would like to see one in person, I’m considering changing my order from torch red to red mist but would really like to see one first.
Here some pictures of my C8 in mist red if it helps. Best similar colour description I can think of is Candy Apple Red. These pictures were taken after the ceramic coating was applied.
840268BB-AE8E-4B4A-BFCF-0DB96F2A80DC.jpeg
0F779AC8-C163-462C-B936-45A2A9FA30C8.jpeg
C61C63CF-22C2-4A9E-B343-0FDBFCA3000B.jpeg

Red mist looks amazing. I would have changed my Sebring orange to the red mist when I first saw pictures of it but was to far down the line to make any changes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.