Bert Lee

Casual User
Nov 11, 2016
Vancouver B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
1986 C4 corvettte
Can anybody help me source an 86C for red leather driver seat for my rebuild. I’ve had some bad service from Zip Corvette parts in the states with the window tracks. I had to return the passenger side as the driver Side was a used one that was returned to zip and they had the audacity to ship it to me and now my window clunks and rattles beside my head as I drive on the highway. I still have to get the missing rubber bushings installed when I can find out where I can locate them I highly advise that you don’t use Zip Corvette parts as it took me over a year to return my passenger side as they don’t give a return ticket to Canada. So I had to go to the states to open up a mailbox down in point Roberts USA .They alsoDid not include instructions for these aftermarket window motor and track system for my mechanic. Which made it more expensive For the install fee.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Try Corvette Central, yes they are a forum sponsor but they also stock and ship an incredible number of Corvette parts and accessories. If there is a problem they take care of it, easy to deal with.

Good luck with it Bert.

Reactions: Rick9456
Can anybody help me source an 86C for red leather driver seat for my rebuild. I’ve had some bad service from Zip Corvette parts in the states with the window tracks. I had to return the passenger side as the driver Side was a used one that was returned to zip and they had the audacity to ship it to me and now my window clunks and rattles beside my head as I drive on the highway. I still have to get the missing rubber bushings installed when I can find out where I can locate them I highly advise that you don’t use Zip Corvette parts as it took me over a year to return my passenger side as they don’t give a return ticket to Canada. So I had to go to the states to open up a mailbox down in point Roberts USA .They alsoDid not include instructions for these aftermarket window motor and track system for my mechanic. Which made it more expensive For the install fee.
I needed a leather seat insert replacement (just seat) for my C5 vert and was able to order OEM at my local GM dealer. A guy that does work for all the dealers came to my house and installed it for $100. There is also a place on North Clarke - sorry can't remember the name that did some work on my C4 vert - leather seats - great job - Google. Good luck. Nice car!!!

Last year I bought leather skins mounted on new foam cushions from Corvette America, who actually make them!
They were perfect matches for the Arctic White interior in my 1992 convertible LT1.
I would definitely recommend them.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 735833767.jpg
    iOS Image - 735833767.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread