BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Hey guys. I’ve decided I’m going to go with Pilot AS3 + tires on my car for this coming summer. Is there a recommended setting anyone would know of to avoid my front tires from wearing on the inside and to avoid them from “cupping?”

I’m curious if Kal tire will set them to a setting that won’t cause either of those issues or is it better i request a certain setting? Any help is appreciated.

And I just noticed I put this thread in the wrong forum. Arrrrgg. Nik,can you move this to the C6 area please?

Last edited:
When I bought the car, I was comming out of a 1992(for 20 years) 2 doors Toyota 4runner so I wasn't use to such an agressive response from a car. After 800 kilometers I really thought I made a mistake buying the car and the front tires already showed signs of wear on the inside. I could hardly shift as I had to keep both hands on the steering wheel. I wasnt going to keep it that way. I dont track or autocross my car, just cruising so I used a base corvette specifications, it was way better but still a little rought to my liking. I finally kept the original caster and toe setting on 4 wheels but adjust the camber at -.25 on 4 wheels. I can now drive with one hand on the wheel and one on the shifter It's still not like my grand caravan but so much nicer to drive.On some bad roads, where heavy trucks had made tracks on the asphalt (dont know the real name for those), the massive tires will pull me from side to side a bit but way less then before. About road handling, if you push it, the steering will feel a little lighter but the tires will keep you on the road no problem, just for you safety, stay under 275km/h and you will be fine. Last summer I replace my tires at 26500 km. on 9/32 for a new tire, I still had over 7/32 left and the insides where almost perfect, sold them real quick. The pfadt spec (performance street) will give more handling and better cornering if thats what's you are looking for but it also transfert every single imperfections of the roads to the driver. I hope it help.

Stephane :Cheers2:

Mike this is the current hot set up for blue Corvettes. Get er done.:thumbs:

0d6e067fe3c211ade5608ba4130b030b.jpg

Mike this is the current hot set up for blue Corvettes. Get er done.:thumbs:

View attachment 15463
I’ll be getting my brakes done at ZR Auto come mid April. As well as getting them to mount the new rubber. I’ll ask Zahir about going with that setup :thumbs: :Biggrin: You guys won’t be able to keep up in the corners at all !! Lol.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Mike, Jeff's link for the Pfadt performance street specification is what I have my car set with. Even wear and consistent handling that is comfortable to drive. I recommend this alignment.

Mike, Jeff's link for the Pfadt performance street specification is what I have my car set with. Even wear and consistent handling that is comfortable to drive. I recommend this alignment.
I’ll get this sheet printed and bring it in when time comes to get it done. Do you think tire size would compromise these settings at all?

Thanks for posting this sheet Jeff.

I think the tires shop would be able to give some guidance there Mike. Reading the sheet it doesn't say anything about tires size, just about the type of driving you will be doing. Got my alignment checked when I but new tires on last summer and they were still in spec to these settings gs from previous. (Guess I've done good staying away from curbs!) Also my Kal Tire alignment tech was familiar with the Phadt specifications.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Hey guys. I’ve decided I’m going to go with Pilot AS3 + tires on my car for this coming summer. Is there a recommended setting anyone would know of to avoid my front tires from wearing on the inside and to avoid them from “cupping?”

I’m curious if Kal tire will set them to a setting that won’t cause either of those issues or is it better i request a certain setting? Any help is appreciated.

And I just noticed I put this thread in the wrong forum. Arrrrgg. Nik,can you move this to the C6 area please?
This is what my fronts were , then after , my front tires were shot after 19,000 kms , well i should say the inside edge
Alinegment.jpg
Tires.jpg

This is what my fronts were , then after , my front tires were shot after 19,000 kms , well i should say the inside edge View attachment 15512 View attachment 15513
That’s nasty !! I’ll ask for my old tires back once the AS3s are mounted and post a pic of the so called “cupping” that the service tech at Shaganappi said has happened to the fronts.

Reactions: Jeffer2013

The original tires on our 2005 had just over 13K miles on them and showed wear on the inside of both front wheels. On talking to professional people we ended up setting the camber for the front wheels at ZERO on both sides. Drives fine and so far wear looks good. We just drive our car normally so don't need specs for tracking or 180 mph. All seems well with what we have.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
The original tires on our 2005 had just over 13K miles on them and showed wear on the inside of both front wheels. On talking to professional people we ended up setting the camber for the front wheels at ZERO on both sides. Drives fine and so far wear looks good. We just drive our car normally so don't need specs for tracking or 180 mph. All seems well with what we have.
I’m ordering those AS3s tomorrow from Kal tire.

Really, it depends on how you use the car.
For just regular cruising and street driving, you don't need an aggressive alignment.
But for Track and/or Autocross, you do.

Here's the alignment settings I did for my '16 Z06 for Autocross.....
Front -2.0 Camber, as much Caster as you can get (about 7 or 8), .03 Toe out each wheel
Rear -1.7 Camber, -0.8 to -1.0 Caster (Yes you NEED to do rear caster), -0.8 to -1.0 toe out

Reputable Alignments shops (GM mechanics) need to have the Rear Caster Alignment tool.
If your alignment "guy" has no clue about this rear Caster... RUN !!!!!!!

And, for those who think rear Toe OUT is WRONG...... with the car under compression
during Autocross/Track, the rear compresses so that induces rear Toe IN !!!!

For Street/cruising use, just follow the GM recommendations.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.