Simpleman

Casual User
You're 5
Jan 6, 2015
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 3LT Coupe
Please...has anybody had the unfortunate experience of requiring a body shop for their C7?
I have a small scratch on the rear bumper cover ...but its deeper than the paint.
The scratch will have to be filled in with SMS Composite filler ( I assume), and the bumper removed and re-painted.

My regular body shop won't touch it... they don't handle the SMS Composite on the C7's.

Any experience with a Corvette friendly body shop in theToronto/Etobicoke/Miss/Oakville area?

Please...has anybody had the unfortunate experience of requiring a body shop for their C7?
I have a small scratch on the rear bumper cover ...but its deeper than the paint.
The scratch will have to be filled in with SMS Composite filler ( I assume), and the bumper removed and re-painted.

My regular body shop won't touch it... they don't handle the SMS Composite on the C7's.

Any experience with a Corvette friendly body shop in theToronto/Etobicoke/Miss/Oakville area?

427 Collision will repair that bumper as new. On Evans Avenue.

Just want to say... Davies Custom Corvette in Etobicoke.... well, he said that he could take me in two weeks, which became 3, 4, 5 and then, in week 6, he stopped answering my calls. So I called him on another person's phone, and his response was "somebody didn't come in to pick up their car, so I can't take yours in". Ok. Message delivered. I get it.
Ended up at Humberview Body Shop (literally around the corner from Davies), and Mike Kliaman, the Manager, quoted 1/2 the price, took the car in as promised, and the Humberview Body Shop team did an awesome job. Couldn't be happier.
Mine wasn't the only Corvette in for minor repairs, so clearly, this shop has experience fixing Corvettes, and pleasing owners.

Simpleman, sorry for leading you down the wrong road with Davies. It has been years since I used them and I guess customer service is not their strong point.

Really happy that you got your repairs made, Humberview has been around a long time and always been a Corvette store. I remember as a kid watching them unload a gold SWC. First one I had actually seen.

Thanks for the follow up on this, probably will help someone else.:thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread