Aug 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Grand Sport
Province
ON
Hi Everyone, I've had my 2019 Grand Sport just about a month now, it's my first Vette, and still learning a lot about it! I was initially looking for a low mileage C6 GS, then realized for "just a little more" I could get a used C7, then realized for "just a little more" I could get a new C7, then "for just a little more" a new GS. The "little more's" ballooned my budget, but it was the right decision for me and I don't regret it one bit!

Are there any Canadian Vendors anyone can recommend? I ordered some visor stickers from Ebay and it was insanely priced between exchange, shipping, and duties and just wondered if there were any better options. I'm going to be looking for an indoor carcover.

Thanks

Attachments

• Vette1.jpg
    Vette1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Vette2.jpg
    Vette2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 43
Wait till you get the bill for forum membership, just a little bit more! Great write up and perhaps a good look into how the mind works.

Great looking car, and I hope you enjoy it.

As for parts don't forget GM itself but for custom equipment there are places in the US that you can ship products to and you just nip across the border and pick them up. Typically the cost is not high and lots of US Vendors will ship in the lower 48 for free. If you can find a vendor who ships United States Postal Service that works really well, UPS is a huge huge ripoff.

Thanks for the intro, good luck with the car and thanks for joining up.

• Agree
Reactions: Tango and ddgermann
Wait till you get the bill for forum membership, just a little bit more

I’m still waiting for mine Murray. Must’ve got lost in the mail. 😉

I'm going to be looking for an indoor carcover.

Thanks

I got an indoor only cover from West Coast Corvette for $119.00 US shipping included. That was a couple of years ago so it could be.....a little bit more now. 😉

Hi Everyone, I've had my 2019 Grand Sport just about a month now, it's my first Vette, and still learning a lot about it! I was initially looking for a low mileage C6 GS, then realized for "just a little more" I could get a used C7, then realized for "just a little more" I could get a new C7, then "for just a little more" a new GS. The "little more's" ballooned my budget, but it was the right decision for me and I don't regret it one bit!

Are there any Canadian Vendors anyone can recommend? I ordered some visor stickers from Ebay and it was insanely priced between exchange, shipping, and duties and just wondered if there were any better options. I'm going to be looking for an indoor carcover.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum shorlaw. Wow. What a gorgeous GS. As far as the visor sticker covers, Some have removed them and then used googone or what ever to remove the glue residue. I didn't take that route as I could envision a royal mess and then new visors so I went the Ebay route and am extrememly happy. If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't notice anything. Here's who I got them from. Great service and product and delivery to Alberta was about 12 bucks if I remember right.

Welcome to the forum shorlaw. Wow. What a gorgeous GS. As far as the visor sticker covers, Some have removed them and then used googone or what ever to remove the glue residue. I didn't take that route as I could envision a royal mess and then new visors so I went the Ebay route and am extrememly happy. If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't notice anything. Here's who I got them from. Great service and product and delivery to Alberta was about 12 bucks if I remember right.

Thanks! Those are similar to the ones I got, I did ones that had the GS logo on them, and shipping was $20 which was ridiculous. I'm happy with them and those airbag ones were super annoying, but ~$50 total for a couple of cheap stickers is pretty steep.

@Shorlaw
Welcome and yes... I understand the process that put you in that beautiful new GS. One nice thing about buying a good used one is most times lots of the little upgrades are already on the car. But still... there’s nothing like starting with “brand new” 👍
There are vendors everywhere but our vendor here offers a discount to CCF members as well. I’ve never used them as I was shopping for stuff that they do not carry.
Anything out of the US must be USPS shipping or you are going to get screwed no matter what vendor you choose. So the UPS rip off is my main deal breaker for US vendors.
There are some good Canadian vendors as well. Fortunately for you in your part of Canada too. Sometimes eBay is the way to go... for other times not so much.
I have a list of US and EBay vendors I use. It took a while to find them as my stuff was a bit more exotic and hard to find an actually good vendor for.
Welcome and congratulations on that beautiful GS. 👍

Wait till you get the bill for forum membership, just a little bit more

I’m still waiting for mine Murray. Must’ve got lost in the mail. 😉

I'm going to be looking for an indoor carcover.

Thanks

I got an indoor only cover from West Coast Corvette for $119.00 US shipping included. That was a couple of years ago so it could be.....a little bit more now. 😉

Check out Corvette Corral, near Orangeville Ontario. I have not dealt with them but they were advertising covers within the last week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.