O

ojamali

Mar 29, 2014
Canada
VetteCoins
Car
CORVETTE C7
I saw this media release on GM.ca and thought I should share with everyone here:

http://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gm/n...es/news/ca/en/2014/May/0515_Five-Recalls.html

GM Recalls 103,158 (5,115 in Canada) previous generation Chevrolet Corvettes for loss of low-beam head lamps.

The safety recall covers Chevrolet Corvettes from the 2005-2007 model years for potential loss of low-beam headlamp operation Models from 2008-2013 will be covered under a Customer Satisfaction Program. All repairs will be at no cost to customers.

When the engine is warm, the underhood electrical center housing could expand, causing the headlamp low-beam relay control circuit wire to bend slightly. After the wire is repeatedly bent, it can fracture and separate. When this occurs, the low-beam headlamps will not illuminate. As the housing cools and contracts, the low-beam headlamp function may return. This condition does not affect the high-beam headlamps, marker lamps, turn signals, daytime running lamps or fog lamps. Loss of low beam headlamps when they are required could reduce the driver’s visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.

GM is aware of several hundred complaints as result of the condition but no crashes, injuries or fatalities.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to know if their Vette is affected by this recall please PM me the last 8 digits of your VIN and I can check for you. Or call/Txt the same to 416-826-7006.

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread