Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
this will not happen for at least 3 years of more and by then hope to buy a new Z06 or a C8

this will upset most of you Z06 owners and for that one is truly sorry, or at least that is what we say on the interweb

kind of under the impression that most of the dozen or more misfits I have had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing on this forum and in person ( eek ) that the cars are driven carefully, well maintained and would be a real pleasure to own second hand without worrying unnecessarily about the first owner's usage.

that said here is the upsetting part, being frugal and wishing to see the $125g Z06 depreciate the heck out of it for 5 years this is what is being thought at this time, subject to being banned or worse the misfits I hang around now like me even less,

so 2014 or 2015 Z06 2lz or so for $110 to $125g initial cost (IN ALBERTA OK) is it only worth 60 in 5 years, most would have only 50k kilometers and all flashes at 100 is also ok

examples are Ziggy, great keeper of all that is holy and his corvette, and knows how to wrench and fix things, Derek as a poster boy for being cautious (at least from what I have seen) All Flash drives his and that is ok as hiway miles are great for me, Brian who frets at more miles every year, Paul whose car has not seen 3000 rpm for a decade,
Mikeys car gets polished but does not see hiways just mountains, and so on and so on the rest of you are just as bad (AND THAT IS GOOD IF YOU SEE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS)

so rather than sell my 80g car for 50 right now and then dealing on a no discount Z06 just wait a few years and sell mine for almost the same price as a well used Z06 with a few miles on it,

putting a 15 g supercharger excites me and does not appear to scare my wallet into hibernation for too long,

but remember mine is only a lowly base with no Z51 package,

so with a supercharger it might be a little harder to sell,

with so many thinking the supercharger route I am sure one can rent theirs for an hour to see the actual difference between mine and a 630 hp motor, then I would know

one cannot just go to the dealer and put on miles on a Z06 or I would have already

so are the Z06 people asking for my ban yet?

thoughts everyone this is intended to be serious, just put in a playful way

Jeffy your newby your putz now turned stig in training and soon to be atop the leader board on

top gear

Reactions: ddgermann
Sorry...don't have a clue what that was about Jeff...o_O. must have missed the memo and didn't follow your explain real well there either .:confused:..but FYI... there are NEW 2017 2LZ Z06's all over Alberta right now for well under 100k if that's what you were trying for....

And that being said, no one has pm'd me requesting a ban either..... lol....

coles notes version
1. most of the guys I know treat their cars very well & would be first on the list if buying used

2. how much would a Z06 be worth after 4 or 5 years with or without tax of 100 to 115g

3. would it be better to just supercharge a persons current C7 or sell their car and buy a factory S/C Z06

4. the discussion could go in any direction, similar to the is a Z06 a lot of difference in the seat feeling when driving it spiritedly

that can make it a little clearer, still sick but just wanted to give some random thoughts and see what people think of a used Z06 or wherever this leads us,

did not want to offend the current Z06 guys by saying their car is only worth half in 5 years, thus the scrambled message, and remember I cannot talk like the spencer Reid on tv

Jeff

Last edited:
lol... sorry my friend... that does clarify.... Coles was always my friend but don't tell my professors that....errrrr....never mind.... they are all dead....

As discussed in previous posts, the future prediction for the Corvette is subject to many opinions....

Mine is, that with the upcoming near unveiling of the C8 mid-engine, there will be a cross section of people flocking to the C8 because they think they would like a Bugatti Veyron or a Lamborghini Aventador, Audi R8, McLaren F1.... etc. etc..... at a fraction of the price.....

Then, on the other hand, there will be the majority die-hard Corvette enthusiasts that know in their hearts that the C8 may be the wave of some futuristic Jetson form of travel, a toy we could say....but it is not really, and never will be, a true Corvette..... .... there is too much history....too many years of the American classic front engine, rear wheel drive.... so to keep this brief, yes. There will be a surge to the C8 and then there will be a leveling out and a continued demand for the real Corvette until the end of time.....

That probably doesn't help you much Jeff.... If it were me debating your question, I would go the SC route....

And lastly.... Maybe I lead a sheltered life but I have no idea who spencer Reid is....

he is the boy on criminal minds who knows ever statistic for their needs and is able to talk so elequently is makes you weak in the knees, I get doing too many things and should start a word document and refine it over 2 days and my posts would be clearer,

also I should worry less about offending folks and just ask the darn question, just trying to be politically correct instead of my working life aggressive bugger

Jeffy

o_O Spence(r) who ???

Don't change your car ... an Owner of a Shop recently shut down said on CCF ...
Corvette Owners are "too much Drama" ... it's just money buying too much risk !

it's maybe too touchy to ask a person how much they think their Corvette is worth ...
when it's not for sale, it just might be similar to asking how much do you make?

Last edited:
Lol.... Don't do anything different Jeff .... off the cuff is way more interesting than refinement..... we are a forum of people...not perfections.... .. that's what makes us interesting.... :thumbs:

o_O Spence(r) who ???

Don't change your car ... an Owner of a Shop recently shut down said on CCF ...
Corvette Owners are "too much Drama" ... it's just money buying too much risk !

it's maybe too touchy to ask a person how much they think their Corvette is worth ...
when it's not for sale, it just might be similar to asking how much do you make?

There is drama in every walk of life.... In every business venture. Corvette drama, Camaro drama, Mustang drama, Challenger drama... whatever... If one can't handle the drama, one needs to leave the theater.... which is what appears happened....

There is drama in every walk of life.... In every business venture. Corvette drama, Camaro drama, Mustang drama, Challenger drama... whatever... If one can't handle the drama, one needs to leave the theater.... which is what appears happened....
... appears more likely a matter of not being able to resolve customer dissatisfaction ...
Surely it had to be a few very important customers that had him just leaving having to use those words.
Rather than painting an entire customer-base, should have considered leaving the theatre saying nothing .... or thank you!

sorry Jeff ... a bit derailed ... but supports and is a top reason for saying ... Don't change your car :Nono1:
... too $$$ risky that it still might not be enough for you finding what you are looking for in your car
... let alone finding someone who really cares about your 100% happiness when they do it
... way better to buy it "born that way"

don't forget the phone call to your insurance to ask what they will say in regard to the perpetual insurance costs when it's modified
as fine print in some policies may have disclosure disclaimer(s) for claims ... (you know ... it's maybe in all that lawyer stuff in the documents) :angelic:

Last edited:
Jeff my first 2 Z06s were used when I bought them. Both had about 6000 Kms on them and were under warranty and never gave me any problem.
The 15 3LZ sold from the dealer for 88,000 or less as that's what they were asking. So you can imagine the trade number I got for it.
There is nothing wrong with putting a supercharger on the car, but without the Z51 you are lacking mag ride, some active handling stuff and some brakes etc. I personally wouldn't without at least the Z51.
It only takes 10 minutes to know if a 5000 km Z06 has been abused. Besides obvious damage the 1st thing is... tires. If they are new the car likely has been worked. Unless the guy has cracked pilot originals he shows you. Chipped paint on the rear quarters is the second thing. Hour meter and stored telemetry in the dash is the 3rd. If it is all cleared your eyebrow should lift. Service history.
With that being said most guys that buy a car like this do look after it and use it nowhere near it's potential. You being a lawyer should be able to get a pretty good read off any seller or salesman.

So you should be able to pick up a good used 15-17 3LZ Z06 with less than 10,000 km for far less than 100K. There are plenty around. You can get a new 16 or 17 2LZ for less than 90K

Heres is 5 minutes looking:

New 2017 2LZ Z06 with M7 Edmonton $99,995
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

Used 2017 Z06 2LZ M7 with 17,000 Km $92,995 not such a great deal.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2LZ, COUPE | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

2015 3LZ Z06 M7 with 25,000 km $81,000 you can find a car with less kms fo this price.
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 3LZ | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

OR.. buy oue of these Z51 Stingrays with low kms and put the supercharger on it.
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 3LT|Nav w/PDR|Mag Ride|Carb | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT Aero Package - Performance Susp | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

Yes.. maybe the C7 prices will fall after the release of the C8 but how many KMs will they have on them by then. I do not think they will fall away like rain as for one we have no idea if the C8 is going to be for everyone. For all we know the prices for the C7 will rise as they soon will no longer be available.

One thing I do know for sure Jeffy; the Z06 or supercharged Stingray deliver a very very noticeable increase in performance. Sorry guys, no offense...it just does. I've driven them both. Soon the C7 ZR1 owners are going to be saying the same thing to me. :)

So one way or the other your going to need to upgrade the car itself if you want more power so just buy the Z06 all done and tuned from the factory Jeffy. If your still bored, up the game with a HP kit and start smoking the ZR1s. :thumbs:

And thanks for noticing I look after my car. I do. However people will be lined up around the block to buy Ziggy's C7 if he ever sells it as it has no detail left out in storage, care or maintenance.

D

The curtain falls, the house lights brighten thus ending the first act in the acclaimed drama "Z06 Blues".

This is a really interesting thread, lots of different ideas about obtaining the dream car.

Jeff, good luck in getting the Corvette what you want at a price that meets your budget. I do agree that I would not supercharge the base car, just enjoy what you have.

Shopping are you Jeff? Derek had a lot of very good points and it really comes down to what YOU want. I'm of the opinion that to modify a car wiht a supercharger the added HP will not always jive with the overal car. YOu and I are not that mechanically inclined to be putzing about trying to make everything talk to each other properly. Do yu want to buy used or new? If you sold your car and that camaro you could probably get whichever one you wanted from the used or new department.:)
and Hey, you're right by my car never gets above 3000 RPM? I can;t fit 3000 Reverse Polarity Modulators in the passenger seat at the same time! :cool:

Hi Jeff..... you make many good points.
I (for one), DO use our car... pretty extensively too.

I prefer to buy used, not taking that initial "hit" on depreciation.
I also prefer to buy from the US, because there are MANY more choices, and
prices are usually considerably lower.... even considering exchange.

I bought my '14 Z51 (used) in August of '14 from Boston. It had 5000 km on it.
After exchange, shipping, brokerage, I still saved about $10K, if I could find what
I wanted in Canada (I couldn't).
You may know that I had quite a few difficulties with that car.... we just couldn't
make it perform on the AutoX courses. And I spent a TON of money on wheels, tires,
suspension components, and alignments.
So after 2 really disappointing years, I sold it, and bought an '08 Z06 with 60000 km.
Again... from the US... I saved about $5000 on anything comparable in Canada.
It IS Atomic Orange, and this IS the colour I wanted.

We have had great times with this car... even using Hoosier A7 tires..... but changing
wheels and tires before and after each event reminded me why I stopped doing
that several years ago... I HATE changing wheels and tires !!!!!

But... the C7 still attracted me... I LOVE that styling. So last year I shopped for
a C7 Z06. I found one in Virginia... 2LZ A8 (yes, this is the first automatic Vette
I've owned since 1984). It is Long Beach Red Metallic.... I LOVE this colour.
It has 8000 km on it. I wound up paying $84K after exchange, shipping, and brokerage.

We've been autocrossing Corvettes since 1980. We still do 20 - 25 events a year.
I also do the occasional track day. I don't really care about car shows or anything like
that...we (my wife and I) just LOVE racing.

So I guess I am not among those you were referring to earlier.

My advice... buy USED... probably 2ish or so years old... or more.
Because of $$$, consider buying from the US.
Then use it the way it should be used.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

Good Luck

will have to come and watch the autocroos someday, will need the schedule or a website though

liking your idea about buying in the USA and watching;g the exchange rate,

Like my DSOM so this will have to wait a few years until they bring back the color or something else
comes along looking like it needs to be bought

One thing that was really neat this year was going for a ride or driving different years corvettes,
helped refine my likes or not so much on the different years and styles

look forward to the summer

Jeff

Reactions: RockyPM
Jeff,
our club website has all the local Autocross dates entered into our "Calendar",
from all the clubs who host these events.

We might be getting several people out from Alberta for the August 11 and 12 events.
We get some people from Kelowna at most of them.

www.riversidecorvetteclub.org

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.