I'm not a C8 owner but I agree the mirror should be a stand alone option. As for the cost of the 2LT, yes lots of bells and whistles, and some love it, others not so much. There are a few items I would do without but it comes as a complete package and I feel that paying for something you don't want just isn't something I want to do.

I agree the HD Rearview mirror should come as an option and buyer doesn't have to buy a 2LT just to get it. I am sure GM was aware of this safety issue. That said, when I order my 2021 I intend to buy the 2 LT as it has the options I desire.

I tried driving with the rearview camera on and rearview camera off, and now I don't feel comfortable driving without the rearview camera being on.
It covers most of your blind spot areas in the back and should have been included standard in the LT1 trim as standard. That being said LT2 is still worth it in my opinion with these heavily used features: + Plus available additional color option and GT2 seats.

Head-Up Display
Heated and Vented Seats
Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
Performance Data Recorder (used as an always on system for recording daily driving) + Vehicle location GPS tracking
Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
Power-Folding Mirrors
Rear Camera Mirror† – Coupe
Memory Package - Good for auto memory exit seat position and entry position - makes it easier to get in and out of the car.
Curb View Camera†
Side Blind Zone Alert†
Rear Cross Traffic Alert†

I tried driving with the rearview camera on and rearview camera off, and now I don't feel comfortable driving without the rearview camera being on.
It covers most of your blind spot areas in the back and should have been included standard in the LT1 trim as standard. That being said LT2 is still worth it in my opinion with these heavily used features: + Plus available additional color option and GT2 seats.

Head-Up Display
Heated and Vented Seats
Performance Data Recorder (used as an always on system for recording daily driving) + Vehicle location GPS tracking
Power-Folding Mirrors
Memory Package - Good for auto memory exit seat position and entry position - makes it easier to get in and out of the car.
Curb View Camera†
Side Blind Zone Alert†
I'm already making 84 E-Z payments. The extra $11300 will turn that into 96 drawn out won't pay it off before I die payments...

Reactions: tyho

Head-Up Display
Heated and Vented Seats
Power-Folding Mirrors
Curb View Camera†
Side Blind Zone Alert†
I like the 2LT package I just don't think it's worth an extra $10000, and a 2022 Z06 is going to be hard to resist so 1.2 summers of 1LT.

Reactions: ABC
Do you know how much a package like this cost on other car brands like a Porsche? (About twice the cost for each option)
I think a C8 Z06 with a decent set of options will cost north of 135K. If you are spending that kind of money, I think a 2LT should be a minimum spec.

Will upgrade to C8 Z06 depending on the performance delta.

I called a GM USA number this morning and spoke to Margaret (very nice lady) and expressed my concerns about why the rearview mirror camera is not available on the 1LT Coupe as a stand alone option and gave her all my contact info so hopefully somebody will at least have this brought to their attention as this is deffinetly a safety issue. I would love to hear their reply on this matter. Maybe this will become an option for people placing a 2021 order... Just trying to help !

INFOTAINMENT & CONNECTIVITY: The Stingray benefits from GM’s new digital vehicle platform, an all-new electronic architecture that enables the adoption of the company’s next generation of technologies.

• NEW: Standard Wireless Apple CarPlay/Wireless Android Auto
  • Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with 8-inch diagonal HD color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo, HD Radio® Bluetooth® audio streaming for two active devices, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, voice recognition and in-vehicle apps
  • Available Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with Navigation, includes Plus system features listed above, Connected Navigation, enhanced voice recognition, additional memory for in-vehicle apps and Performance Data Recorder
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot for up to seven devices
  • Standard HD Rear Vision Camera (1LT) and HD Front and Rear Vision Cameras (2LT/3LT)
  • Available Performance Data Recorder
  • Available wireless charging
Does this mean the rear view mirror or backup camera?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.