Nov 9, 2020
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
So I was driving home with the sun just slightly behind my car at mid day. I saw a car pull over in the opposite lane and stare at me. I thought it was weird they would just suddenly stop to look at the car. Then I suddenly noticed an ambulance with lights going, and a police car right behind it, both just a few metres behind me! I made a quick stop to the right!
With a regular rearview mirror those lights would have been very bright and caught my eye. The rearview camera mirror compensates for the sunlight and dulled the emergency lights so much that I didn't even notice them! Scary! At least the police were in a rush and didn't stop to ticket me!
Just giving a warning to everyone with the rear view camera mirror- be aware of this issue with sunlight!

Reactions: kerry4
So I was driving home with the sun just slightly behind my car at mid day. I saw a car pull over in the opposite lane and stare at me. I thought it was weird they would just suddenly stop to look at the car. Then I suddenly noticed an ambulance with lights going, and a police car right behind it, both just a few metres behind me! I made a quick stop to the right!
With a regular rearview mirror those lights would have been very bright and caught my eye. The rearview camera mirror compensates for the sunlight and dulled the emergency lights so much that I didn't even notice them! Scary! At least the police were in a rush and didn't stop to ticket me!
Just giving a warning to everyone with the rear view camera mirror- be aware of this issue with sunlight!
You only have to pull over IF it is safe to do so! Yes, it's subjective, but unless you are a real jerk (and we know you are not) they would never ticket you.

I used the rear camera because this car has a gigantic blind spot when backing into a street at a 45° angle (out of the PPF installer lane). After a month, I forgot about the rear mirror camera and never use it. Backing I use the screen cameras and changing lanes I use outside mirrors and swivel neck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread