Dec 31, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
73 vette
Province
ON
good morning guys, i bought a set of adjustable rear strut rods and i do not have the old ones for length comparison for initial install, does anyone know off hand what the center to center length would be where the studs go through the bushings, just want to get it close before dropping body back onto frame, thanks in advance,
Scotty

Hi Scotty.
not sure if you still need this and it is approximate .
After several attempts under there holding a flashlight and measuring tape I come up with about 16 1/16 to 16 1/8 center to center.
That should get you close enough.
my setup is pretty standard at about 1/2 to 3/4 neg camber.
Hope it helps.
George

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Once you get it close it will still require alignment for camber, and the trailing arms need to be aligned for toe in. Recommend that you take it to a shop that has a tracking bar so you get proper alignment/tracking with the front wheels. Hope this helps. PS: I have the adjustable rods on my C3 and they are waaay superior to the stock cam adjusters and the rods are heavier than stock which reduces flex.

i am going to buy new shims for the trailing arms before i take it in for adjustment, all the old ones were pretty much toast,
the adjustable struts sure do look a lot more solid than the stock ones, mine were bent, thanks for the reply,
Scotty

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread