May 14, 2011
Barrie Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1991 Coupe
I would like to replace the struts. U.S. suppliers cannot ship them across the border so I checked out Corvette Depot.
CD has them at about $80 but with shipping and "oversize" charges the total bill was close to $180.
I looked at after market and they are considerably less $ but... the rear defrost wiring connects to the existing struts.
So the questions are " does anyone know of a canadian supplier for original style with electrical connections? or has anyone used aftermarket and if so how did they deal with the electrics?

I would like to replace the struts. U.S. suppliers cannot ship them across the border so I checked out Corvette Depot.
CD has them at about $80 but with shipping and "oversize" charges the total bill was close to $180.
I looked at after market and they are considerably less $ but... the rear defrost wiring connects to the existing struts.
So the questions are " does anyone know of a canadian supplier for original style with electrical connections? or has anyone used aftermarket and if so how did they deal with the electrics?
Hi Dave. Ron from Barrie
I have had good luck with Ontario Corvette Corral. You might have to pick up in Grand Valley but is a nice drive if weather is good .

Reactions: Rubano87
Be careful with CD

I believe Corvette Depot has an agreement with Eckler's Corvette out of Titusville Florida, whereby they buy parts from them and then resell at a markup plus the exchange rate. I live probably 20 miles from their location in Laval, Quebec, and have never bought a thing from them, as they are way too pricey. Invariably, I find my stuff at RockAuto, occasionally from Zip Corvette, sometimes Parts Avatar(Canada). The Corvette Depot catalogue seems to have the identical pics as the Eckler's catalogue.

• Informative
Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.