Featured Thread
Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
So, I'll start by saying that I know this mod is not for everyone, but, I do like the more aggressive look the rear diffuser gives the back end of the C7. I have been looking at the ACS composite diffusers and for me they seem to work....... the image of the vette happens to be the same color as mine, and, I think it decently pulls off the look. Thoughts? Yay or Nay? Anyone have then installed? The install (utube) seems very simple....

Attachments

• diffuser.jpg
    diffuser.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
I’ve been sitting on the fence with this one Paul. I find on some cars it doesn’t really look great. Although on this one in the picture it looks very good. Maybe it’s the widebody models vs the narrower Stingray body. Not sure.

I’m considering putting on the entire carbon fibre lower facia piece with the molded in diffusers.
The ones added to this car above look pretty straight forward to install. I saw some vids on it too.

If you like it... go for it 👍

ddgermann, I also thought about getting the one piece diffuser fascia its very nice, but, as I dont think I will keep the car for more than 18-24mos I will more than likely simply go with the add ons........ frankmp, the white hood and roof stripe really looks sharp overtop the blue.....Graham, if you like the diffusers, then they are going on .... lol

Got this out of Covette Magazine back in 2016. For some reason the colour attracted my attention.
Note the diffuser fins are painted to the car colour. Rims as well. The article mentions the rims were hand painted but no mention of how the diffuse was painted
Don't think is would show very much on Derek's car though (Black on Black)
Interesting to think about though

Attachments

• DIFFUSER.jpg
    DIFFUSER.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 153
Got this out of Covette Magazine back in 2016. For some reason the colour attracted my attention.
Note the diffuser fins are painted to the car colour. Rims as well. The article mentions the rims were hand painted but no mention of how the diffuse was painted
Don't think is would show very much on Derek's car though (Black on Black)
Interesting to think about though

I like everything about that picture Richard. As this is your colour I can see why you do too.
The contrast on the diffusers against the black looks great. Wonder how it looks from behind...
Love the wheels and marker lights too.
Like Paul I’m not sure if I’m keeping the car for much longer so I’ve put off adding these.
As I personally prefer the one piece carbon fibre option vs the diffusers alone due to cleaning and trying to keep the ooze from leaking out of the seams... the cost of it was the hold up. With my black car... every little drop of fly crap shows so this source of gunk showing and the constant wiping made my decision.
Do you guys notice the little streak of water that runs off you your mirrors and down your doors every time you wash your car? Maybe once right... for me it’s a minimum of 3 times I have to wipe up the door after. Even with using the master blaster. Uggg. Black cars....

I like everything about that picture Richard. As this is your colour I can see why you do too.
The contrast on the diffusers against the black looks great. Wonder how it looks from behind...
Love the wheels and marker lights too.
Like Paul I’m not sure if I’m keeping the car for much longer so I’ve put off adding these.
As I personally prefer the one piece carbon fibre option vs the diffusers alone due to cleaning and trying to keep the ooze from leaking out of the seams... the cost of it was the hold up. With my black car... every little drop of fly crap shows so this source of gunk showing and the constant wiping made my decision.
Do you guys notice the little streak of water that runs off you your mirrors and down your doors every time you wash your car? Maybe once right... for me it’s a minimum of 3 times I have to wipe up the door after. Even with using the master blaster. Uggg. Black cars....
Car is a sleeper as well. The guy added a supercharger & methanol. Puts out around 675HP

Reactions: ddgermann
GET IT! I did it too. Mine was an easy install. Gets lots of comments and folks taking pics. Still thinking about the striping on the edges. Need to find crystal red adhesive strips to do it right.
Don't worry so much about the money....you can always make more.

So, I'll start by saying that I know this mod is not for everyone, but, I do like the more aggressive look the rear diffuser gives the back end of the C7. I have been looking at the ACS composite diffusers and for me they seem to work....... the image of the vette happens to be the same color as mine, and, I think it decently pulls off the look. Thoughts? Yay or Nay? Anyone have then installed? The install (utube) seems very simple....

I loved it.! .. thinking about doing it for mine

Well, I finally got around ordering the ACS composite diffusers. Two per side in carbon flash black to match the black rear fascia trim. Should get them in a couple of weeks but doubt I shall mount them till March/April of next year.... looking forward to them being on..... IMO it complements the back end of the Vette. Now Im thinking about my calipers. I have the carbon ceramic brakes and the calipers are huge, but, they are painted silver and with the chrome wheels on the Grand Sport there is no contrast. I am thinking of painting them as per the attached pic. Car is the same color as mine and at face value I dont think the yellow looks bad...... thoughts?

Attachments

• yellow caliper.jpg
    yellow caliper.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 101
  • yellow caliper2.jpg
    yellow caliper2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 90
My dream car was a yellow vert with yellow calipers. As beggars can not be choosers and mine came off the dealer lot I ended up with red calipers. Contrasts nice with the yellow so I am quite happy with the red.Would go so far as to say I prefer it over my "dream" yellow calipers.
On your car the yellow will contrast more with the car but the red would also contrast unless the colour is really close. Hard to say which way to go.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
My dream car was a yellow vert with yellow calipers. As beggars can not be choosers and mine came off the dealer lot I ended up with red calipers. Contrasts nice with the yellow so I am quite happy with the red.Would go so far as to say I prefer it over my "dream" yellow calipers.
On your car the yellow will contrast more with the car but the red would also contrast unless the colour is really close. Hard to say which way to go.
If I go red Im afraid it will clash with my cars body color, albeit it is not a true red. Beside yellow, I thought of perhaps black calipers. I think your red must really pop with the yellow body.

If I go red Im afraid it will clash with my cars body color, albeit it is not a true red. Beside yellow, I thought of perhaps black calipers. I think your red must really pop with the yellow body.
Yeah, you don't really want the same tone as the car itself. Red on Red would not stand out as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.