Featured Thread
Good call. $180 US in your pocket for a little sanding and paint work. :thumbs: I would guess a shop would probably paint them for $ 100.00 or so too.

Well, I finally got around ordering the ACS composite diffusers. Two per side in carbon flash black to match the black rear fascia trim. Should get them in a couple of weeks but doubt I shall mount them till March/April of next year.... looking forward to them being on..... IMO it complements the back end of the Vette. Now Im thinking about my calipers. I have the carbon ceramic brakes and the calipers are huge, but, they are painted silver and with the chrome wheels on the Grand Sport there is no contrast. I am thinking of painting them as per the attached pic. Car is the same color as mine and at face value I dont think the yellow looks bad...... thoughts?
Diffusers yes, yellow calipers ... mmmm.... not so much.

• Sad
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Happened to see a Kijiji ad in locally by someone selling a rear diffuser add-on from a company I've never heard of.... VICREZ. They look kind of bulky to me not to mention really pricey. I noticed they also sell a side window louver. Now those I kind of fancy? Watcha think??

vicrez2.jpg

Vicrez Chevrolet Corvette C7 2014-2018 LV Polyurethane Quarter Window Louvers vz100956

vicrez1.jpg

Agree on the diffusers. I've seen this style available on a few aftermarket vendor websites in carbon fibre, but like you Frank, passed them by.

Wonder if the little side window louvres are available in Carbon fibre? :Biggrin:

Ok just checked... nope. Unpainted some blacks and carbon flash only.

Reactions: frankmp
So, I'll start by saying that I know this mod is not for everyone, but, I do like the more aggressive look the rear diffuser gives the back end of the C7. I have been looking at the ACS composite diffusers and for me they seem to work....... the image of the vette happens to be the same color as mine, and, I think it decently pulls off the look. Thoughts? Yay or Nay? Anyone have then installed? The install (utube) seems very simple....

I love the diffusers Paul! I wanted chopped carbon diffusers as well as, chopped carbon stage 1 splitter, and stage 2 side skirts. I can’t find chopped carbon for corvette’s yet.

Good call. $180 US in your pocket for a little sanding and paint work. :thumbs: I would guess a shop would probably paint them for $ 100.00 or so too.
Well the laguna blue painted diffusers finally showed up. So rather that paint them and wait for warmer weather some day went to local decal place ( Car Pretty) to discuss vinyl wraps. Went mainly to discuss getting a Jake overlay to place over my carbon flash stinger in flat black. So about $135 installed; will do in spring. While talking vinyl materials and reading online Avery 900 2mil in black gloss metallic is very close to carbon flash. So talked wrapping the diffuser pieces. $20 later to possibly waste came home with 5ft2 of wrap to give it a go. Well my my after some practice layed out the pieces and cut out vinyl. Two hours layer they are now carbon flash. This new "air release" vinyl is amazing reducing air bubbles to almost none. Heat the vinyl a little and it pulls around the edges nicely. Watcha think for a rookie wrapper?

20190221_105948.jpg

20190223_144757.jpg

20190223_144628.jpg

Last edited:
Well the laguna blue painted diffusers finally showed up. So rather that paint them and wait for warmer weather some day went to local decal place ( Car Pretty) to discuss vinyl wraps. Went mainly to discuss getting a Jake overlay to place over my carbon flash stinger in flat black. So about $135 installed; will do in spring. While talking vinyl materials and reading online Avery 900 2mil in black gloss metallic is very close to carbon flash. So talked wrapping the diffuser pieces. $20 later to possibly waste came home with 5ft2 of wrap to give it a go. Well my my after some practice layed out the pieces and cut out vinyl. Two hours layer they are now carbon flash. This new "air release" vinyl is amazing reducing air bubbles to almost none. Heat the vinyl a little and it pulls around the edges nicely. Watcha think for a rookie wrapper?

View attachment 23986

View attachment 23987

View attachment 23988
They look great Frank. Good job. Now for the install. :thumbs:

• Agree
They look great Frank. Good job. Now for the install. :thumbs:
Gotta wait but looked at a few utube videos and looks like diffuser removal isnt too hard. Anyone remove to confirm? This way would have more control with install in the basement rather than reaching up off the ground and fighting with hardware behind with my fat paws......

Reactions: ddgermann
Happened to see a Kijiji ad in locally by someone selling a rear diffuser add-on from a company I've never heard of.... VICREZ. They look kind of bulky to me not to mention really pricey. I noticed they also sell a side window louver. Now those I kind of fancy? Watcha think??

View attachment 23823

Vicrez Chevrolet Corvette C7 2014-2018 LV Polyurethane Quarter Window Louvers vz100956

View attachment 23824
Those are reminiscent of the “Interpart Lift Louvres” that we’re all over early 80s Camaros and Trans Ams. Lol. I had a set on my 81 Z28. I liked them back in the day. They also made em for @SN-III s model year Z28.

Photo by Steve Mcwhinnie

Gotta wait but looked at a few utube videos and looks like diffuser removal isnt too hard. Anyone remove to confirm? This way would have more control with install in the basement rather than reaching up off the ground and fighting with hardware behind with my fat paws......

No doubt that by removing the rear bumper assembly the install will be easier..... however you have to weigh the 'trouble' of removing and then reinstalling the rear fascia in exchange for ease of assembly. I have a 4 post lift in my garage but did the install with the rear of the car abt 8" off the ground. The biggest issue was with the top screw on the outside driver side fin.... real pain in the ass to get to as very little working room back in that area. Good luck with the install.

I had my lower facia off in the fall last year Frank. It’s easy. The pulling off the rear reflectors to access the screws behind them was the toughest part. If you have some plastic body and trim tools and a set of picks you’re laughing.
I did mine on the garage floor on a new Home Depot area rug.
Yes a lift would have made it that much easier for sure. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.