Featured Thread
I had my lower facia off in the fall last year Frank. It’s easy. The pulling off the rear reflectors to access the screws behind them was the toughest part. If you have some plastic body and trim tools and a set of picks you’re laughing.
I did mine on the garage floor on a new Home Depot area rug.
Yes a lift would have made it that much easier for sure. 👍
Youre 100% right Derek...diffuser removal was easy after bolt removal and getting the courage to tug a little. No tabs broken. Can now work inside at leisure to install acs diffuser pairs
By the way the avery gloss black metallic wrap I put on the blue painted acs pieces are a perfect match to oem(pardon the dirt)!!! Pics later of install.

Last edited:
Nice! Can’t wait to see the pics. I’m going to be doing this soon. But I probably won’t be taking off the rear fascia. I prefer to get down and dirty 😛
I’m only nervous about the drilling part. I’m scared I’ll somehow not match the holes 🤦‍♂️.

Nice! Can’t wait to see the pics. I’m going to be doing this soon. But I probably won’t be taking off the rear fascia. I prefer to get down and dirty 😛
I’m only nervous about the drilling part. I’m scared I’ll somehow not match the holes 🤦‍♂️.

LOL... you'll do just fine. Pretty simple install by simply jacking up the rear, and the templates provided for the drill location are clearly marked. I only had a bit of a problem starting one of the 12 screws due to the location of the screw and the tight working area for the hand to move freely in that particular spot.

Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks.
I watched Chuck’s (corvettes918) tutorial on YouTube and I think I remember him saying the outer diffuser passenger side is a little tricky to get to but doable.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Thanks.
I watched Chuck’s (corvettes918) tutorial on YouTube and I think I remember him saying the outer diffuser passenger side is a little tricky to get to but doable.
Upper driver side as you can see where than wiring harness is. All wide open when removed and nice doing it in comfy basement to install pieces. Either way works but I tried just reaching behind with the lower bolts removed.....forget it fitting my big mitts in there.....

Sorry I meant to say driver side. Yeah I’ll try reaching first. I’ll take it off if I have trouble. Thanks.

I like the look, I think they look great!
I just don't like the price tag of the 4 piece set from ACS...
If they ever come on sale I may consider buying a set :)
Heiko

Def wait for a sale. I got mine for a good price because the guy I bought it from decided to go with carbon fibre diffuser fins

I like the look, I think they look great!
I just don't like the price tag of the 4 piece set from ACS...
If they ever come on sale I may consider buying a set :)
Heiko
Check post 22/35 as an option from acs if still available. I wrapped the laguana blue set they had on clearance at almost 50% retail....they had multiple sets at the time) with matching carbon flash wrap. ( or can paint). Installed you cant tell unless your nose is touching the diffuser. Wayyyyy cheaper than regular overpriced acs carbon flash painted pieces...

I'll have a look but to be honest I'd prefer a painted part over a wrapped piece. How do you find the wrap to be holding up? I've heard people say it starts to peel after a while?
Heiko

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.