Jan 1, 2014
Calgary AB
VetteCoins
Car
77 Corvette L82
Province
AB
Hey Guys!

So I've started to rip arpart the trailing arms on my car. I got some new offset Vansteel ones along with some new parts!

However, I need some special tools to reinstall the spindles. Does anyone have the bearing setup tool and the spindle installation tool that they would be willing to rent out to me? I live in Calgary.

Thanks!

Well I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove this post :Confused5:. I ordered a spindle setup tool and a spindle installer. I talked to a corvette shop and they figured at least an hour or maybe two for them to do it. That's with a shop rate of $129 per hour! I'd prefer to do it myself. I can use the type of grease that I'd like and be a little more picky with the specs. I also have my parts in for powder coating so this way I'll be sure they won't scratch anything.

If anyone ever wants to rent these parts and save some major money then feel free to msg me and I can ship them to you.

Not that it helps at this point but....

When I did mine I also wanted to use the set up tool. I ended up using the spindle itself which was a bit more work but it did work. Took about an hour each if I remember correct. I had made a spindle removal tool out of my old steering wheel remover.

Got it to 0.001" and 0.003" End play with appropriate shims. I am happy with the result, but it was a bit more work.

T

Reactions: nascar03
taylorsk8, that is a nice rig you put together , although I think that is a harmonic hub puller not a steering wheel puller. But looks strong and can do the job no problem. Even after measuring and thinking I got it right with the shims , after installed on the car the play still seems too much. It's a dumb setup my opinion to work on.

I agree that it seems like there could have been a better way to do it!

The only thing I ever used that puller for was a steering wheel hence why I called it that. It may be a harmonic hub puller.

T

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.