Jul 12, 2018
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province
BC
The rain car was hit while parked on the street. I wasn't there, but the person left a note and was very apologetic.
1609364623907.png

1609364653662.png

Easy enough damage to fix so I'm not too concerned, but the side marker could be an issue, as they are clear JDM side markers which aren't made anymore, so am hoping they can polish it out.

Last edited:
Thanks Graham, you too.

@Rruuff Day actually, that's pretty much what the note said, with a phone number of course. :)

I'm just glad the Corvette was safely parked at home.

I felt the same way when my car was rear-ended by the cop giving me a speeding ticket 3 weeks ago: I wouldn't have been so polite to him had I been driving my C8 at the time and the vehicle damages would have been far greater.

When my oldest daughter was learning to drive with my spouse, she turned too sharp and sideswiped a parked vehicle. They panicked, didn't know how to find the owner and didn't know what to do, so called me. I came right away and left an apologetic note on the windshield. The owner was understandably ticked off about the accident, but happy I left our contact info which resulted in me paying for the repairs and vehicle rental, rather than go through insurance, given the repair amount. A good reminder to always carry a pen/paper in your vehicle.

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread