Music

Ontario
Nov 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2003 C5 Convertible
Province
ON
I would be interested in discussing with other Corvette owners their experiences having encountered both photo radar and conventional radar within Canada.

What are your opinions particularly on the unmanned implementations thoughout Canada, in both provinces where using detectors are legal and illegal?

I would be interested in discussing with other Corvette owners their experiences having encountered both photo radar and conventional radar within Canada.

What are your opinions particularly on the unmanned implementations thoughout Canada, in both provinces where using detectors are legal and illegal?
They suck. They are not about public safety. They are revenue generators.

Detectors and jammers are legal in Alberta. They help when used properly. Edmonton laser is harder to detect than Calgary but unless you have a jammer, a normal (even a top end model) detector will only remind you of the ticket you just received.

But let’s have a discussion about speed limits. I can remember as a kid sitting in the back of my father's ‘55 Rambler. thundering along at 65 mph on a gravel highway with a posted speed of 65. Fast forward to today…..Highway is paved, twinned, and with a lower speed limit converted to metric. My wife’s Buick is literally a hundred times safer than my dad’s Rambler. What didn’t change? The speed limits. Public safety my a**. Revenue. Always revenue.

There`s far more revenue to be made on random safety inspections, although the majority of that revenue is not seen by law enforcement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.