This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

R8C NCM Delivery: NOT Available to Canadians

EJChevy

Capitan of The Flying Banana
Power User
Forum Sponsor
Apr 10, 2017
Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
A member asked about getting the experience of receiving delivery of their 2020 Corvette at the National Corvette Museum, order code R8C. To gather information about it, I emailed Shane Webb (shane@corvettemuseum.org), the manager of the program. He responded:

So, if you are purchasing your Corvette as a Canadian, you must take delivery in Canada. Picking it up at the NCM is not an option.

Reactions: YFCvii
It's pretty much an importing issue that is too much to take on or waste time being upset with. I like the option in their response.

What we need is Canadian Dealer Representatives who can provide similar and knowledgeable delivery experiences as a part of the Purchase.
I was beside myself with the lack of knowledge that pretty much results from an inexperienced or passive dealership delivery
within the new Corvette Owner Gang that I join in with at Spring Mountain in 2017.

Ummm.... Hello!

Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
They do have an after delivery option for Canadians or Non-US Citizens.

You take delivery of the car at your dealer, you can drive or ship the car to the museum, and they will do a delivery that way. I think it cost's about $2,000US. They refer to it as the NCM Experience.

Users who are viewing this thread