Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
A member asked about getting the experience of receiving delivery of their 2020 Corvette at the National Corvette Museum, order code R8C. To gather information about it, I emailed Shane Webb ([email protected]), the manager of the program. He responded:

Unfortunately, R8C Museum Delivery is unavailable to Canadian buyers. GM and the Canadian government/Customs have struggled for years to resolve their issues to be able to offer it.

The customer could consider our NCM Experience program should they decide to travel to the museum once they have the car in their possession.

NCM Experience – National Corvette Museum

So, if you are purchasing your Corvette as a Canadian, you must take delivery in Canada. Picking it up at the NCM is not an option.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
It's pretty much an importing issue that is too much to take on or waste time being upset with. I like the option in their response.

What we need is Canadian Dealer Representatives who can provide similar and knowledgeable delivery experiences as a part of the Purchase.
I was beside myself with the lack of knowledge that pretty much results from an inexperienced or passive dealership delivery
within the new Corvette Owner Gang that I join in with at Spring Mountain in 2017.

What we need is Canadian Dealer Representatives who can provide similar and knowledgeable delivery experiences as a part of the Purchase.
I was beside myself with the lack of knowledge that pretty much results from an inexperienced or passive dealership delivery
with the new Corvette Owner Gang that I join in with at Spring Mountain in 2017.

Ummm.... Hello!

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
They do have an after delivery option for Canadians or Non-US Citizens.

You take delivery of the car at your dealer, you can drive or ship the car to the museum, and they will do a delivery that way. I think it cost's about $2,000US. They refer to it as the NCM Experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread